Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Utah Trip

We were able to visit Utah in December!  Yay!





Lily was so excited to go on an "airpane." She talked about it for weeks beforehand. And she did such a great job flying this time. Probably the best ever!

We played with stickers, magnets, and suction cup toys.  And for one period, probably an entire hour, she just played with her seat belt.  She would sit in her seat, buckle her belt. Unbuckle her belt, get out of her seat on to the floor, buckle the seat belt, then unbuckle it again. Repeat.  The sound probably annoyed other passengers, but I assure you there could be worse sounds.



The first thing we did in Utah was get hair cuts Friday morning!  I finally was able to go to someone who knows how to cut hair.

It's been over a year people.

Then it was Lily's turn for her first haircut!  She didn't like the idea so much, but she did pretty good.

We took off about an inch, maybe an inch and a half, and then gave her some bangs.




I think I should have cut off more though.  Lily would look so cute with a little A-line bob!  Next time. Next time.



Friday afternoon we visited my grandma who hasn't been doing so well.  She's been in the hospital and care centers for a few months now.  It was so good to see her, but so sad to see her so sick.




Friday night we went to my work's Christmas dinner. It was really good. I really liked the food.  And my award was awesome:


They got caricatures of all of the office employees! I love mine!

I asked my boss, Dana, how they did them, and he said they Facebook stalked us. So I think mine is a combination of two pictures:



So fun.




On Saturday we went to lunch with my brother, Eric, and his family, my sister Elise and her husband, and my mom.  We went to Zupas. Hallelujah!   They have so much new stuff on the menu. It made me upset that I can't go there more often. Jerks.

After lunch we went bowling. It was Lily's first time, and she really like it at first.  I didn't get any pictures, but we got a video, and here is a crappy screen shot from the video:


Mabel came up and gave Lily a high five, and Lily was jumping up and down. It was really cute!

We had a lot of fun!

Saturday night we went to Lance's sister, Laura's house.  We hung out and ate food. It was laid back and easygoing.

But then something magical happened.



It snowed!  Lily got to see real snow!  And she stuck her tongue out and it was perfect!




Sunday morning we visited my grandma again, then we flew home later that day.  It was a really short trip.  Hopefully next time we can spend more time and visit more people.

No comments:

Post a Comment