Friday, July 20, 2012

Independence Day

I got to see my entire family together for the first time in a year!  Three weeks ago, my mom and two of my sisters drove out from North Carolina to come stay here in Utah for two weeks.  It was good seeing my mom every day again.  But this time she wasn't as helpful as she was when I had just had Lily.  She kept trying to feed her sugar and candy.

"Mom!  She's three months old!"  I probably freaked out a little too much.  But when you've worked extremely hard at exclusively breast feeding, anyone who threatens that, or threatens a tummy ache, is in deep doo doo.

My dad flew out a week later.  Oh, my dad. I missed him so much.  He was excited to see Lily, so after I picked him up from the air port and drove him here, we went into Lily's room where she was sleeping. It was about midnight at the time.  He used the light on his phone to try to see her, and she opened her eyes.  It was kind of creepy because she was still asleep.  Just a little shocking!

The next morning I woke up, went to see my baby, and found my my dad trying to feed Lily one of the infant formula bottles we had gotten from the hospital. "What are you doing?!"  Turns out it was my mom's idea.  *sigh*  Once again my mom tried to sabotage all my hard breastfeeding work.

They probably think I'm so uptight.  Well, about my daughter's food and nutrition, I am uptight.  Like I said before, I've worked so hard to get to a good place in breastfeeding, and anyone who threatens to mess that up is in big trouble.

Elise flew out on July 3rd.  So on July fourth, my whole family was together for the whole day!  It was great.


I should have picked a different shirt, for myself and Lily!  Lily looked like a boy on the fourth.


There is actually a picture of red cherries on her shirt, so it makes it look a little more girly.  But oh well.

My family learned a new song together. Africa by Toto.  It sounds awesome.  I'd like to say that maybe I'll post a video of it here, but we all know how terrible I am at posting pictures and videos.

All too soon it was time for my parents and two youngest sisters to go back to North Carolina.  I can count on one hand the times I've see my dad cry, and the night before they left I got to add another digit.  It was really sad.  It's so hard to not know the next time you'll see your parents.

1 comment:

  1. One mother to another, you did NOT overreact. I would have FLIPPED OUT. And I never overreact, lol.

    ReplyDelete