Friday, September 14, 2012

6 Months

My baby is 6 months old.  It's amazing how much has changed.

3 days old

6 months old


I've started taking Lily on walks every day.  It gets me out of the house, which is really good considering that I've been working 10-12 hours each night.  Lily loves walks!  She likes to watch the trees blow in the wind.  She's so content just strolling around.  If I stop for a break she'll get upset.  She doesn't like to stay in one place very long.

The busy season at work as officially begun, and miraculously Lily had a growth spurt this week so she's been sleeping a TON.  That means I still got between 6 and 8 hours of sleep each night! I try to take each day/night/work shift as it comes and not have any expectations for the next day. The worst night of work so far was 5pm to 5am, then Lily got up at 9am.  I was light headed and dizzy all day long.  We both went down for a nap at 3pm, and I slept until 5pm, when I had to get up to work again. Lily slept until 6, lucky duck.  I can't really complain about sleep.  Sleep is something that Lily has never deprived me of.

General freedom, and a full day without crying is a different story.  Make that a full hour without crying, if she's awake.  She cries a lot. D-R-A-M-A! Basically I play with Lily all day long to keep her happy.  Have you seen my house?  Me neither. I can't find it under all this mess.

Lily is worth it all though.  She makes me so happy.  Every night before I go to bed I go in her room and take a peek at her.  She's in a different position every night.  While I'm in there I make sure her covers are on, and that she's not too warm or too cool.  I just miss her.

I wanted to post a video of her, but it won't work.  Lame.

1 comment:

  1. I sure do love that little Lily Bug! It is amazing how fast time goes. Once she can crawl, I'm sure you will have more freedom because she will start to entertain herself. Of course, then you have a new set of worries with baby proofing. haha. Eric and I still do that when Mabel is sleeping. I wonder when we will stop doing that....

    ReplyDelete