Monday, August 18, 2014

Perfect... NOW!

I really identify with this Type 4/3 expert.

2 minutes into this video, she said something that I had never really realized about myself, but it's true. And I need to take her advice.


I'm at home all day with a toddler. The house has a tendency to get messy throughout the day.  Laundry piles up, dishes pile up... but I want my house perfect, and I want it perfect NOW. Or even better, I want it perfect 5 minutes ago!  I tend to get really anxious and stressed out, and then I completely shut down, and I end up getting nothing accomplished. Then I wind up feeling like a failure, and getting really down on myself.

I need to choose one thing to focus on, and focus on perfecting that so I can be comfortable with my surroundings, as well as comfortable with myself.  Perfect one thing at a time.

By the time I'm done perfecting the second of 10 items, the first item will be out of place again. But that's besides the point.



This 4/3 combination is actually really, really great for my job.  I want to be perfect at each and every possible task that my company provides to clients. And I have to say, I've been quite successful at that. (Excuse me while I pat myself on the back.) But not only that, I can have deliverables perfect and perfect quickly.

Perfect now.  That's me.  That's why I get so down on myself. That's why I have anxiety issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment