Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Furniture!

Every time I walk into the living room I squeal and do a little happy dance.


I'm not joking. Nor am I exaggerating.


When we moved to Raleigh we gave our kitchen table and chairs to my sister, Elise.  We gave our couch away to one of the guys who were moving us.  Before this, we had sold our other, fancier couch to Lance's sister.

We put my old desk by the dumpster.  I really liked that desk, but it had been put together, taken apart, and moved so many times it was on its last leg.

We also gave our bed, and dresser to my sister, Elise.


We got a new bed and dresser first thing, when we moved to Kissimmee.  We slept on a crappy futon for a couple weeks and it was horrible, so, purchasing a nice bed was easily justifiable.

Before the actual purchase, I did a bit of searching online for the perfect, beautiful, black bedroom set, and set my mind and heart on the Ashley Shay collection.

Since our room was tiny, we only went for the bed, the dresser and the mirror, and of course a mattress and box spring set.

I'm using stock photos because my house is messy, and I'm not about to clean, just to take pictures.


I'm still in love with this set, and I do not regret this purchase even a teensy bit.


I feel like I became a real adult when I purchased an actual bedroom set.


We bought an old desk at a thrift shop in Raleigh, right before we moved down here.  That desk was $25 and it served me well for our life at our previous apartment.  But, it fell apart in the move to our current place.  Lance is still using it, but, he was nice and let me get a new desk.  I also had to replace my chair, because the back fell off my old one.  So I'm rockin' a brand new set up over here! Loving it!


My chair looks nothing like that.


Two weeks ago, we finally got a table, chairs, a couch, a coffee table, and end tables!


Yay!

I love the table and chairs. The couch isn't exactly what I wanted, but it was the best option available at the store. And the coffee table and end tables were basically free.







Why yes, yes I do like black. Why do you ask?


1 comment: