Sunday, March 1, 2015

Goal Update - February

I think I'm doing pretty well with my goals. I'm not perfect, but, I honestly don't expect to be. So. Yeah.



Monthly Enrichment night
I didn't know what we were dong for enrichment night in February.  I was planning to go, but then I got a headache right before it was time to leave.  I texted a friend in a ward, asking her if she knew what they were doing.  She said they were going to watch the movie Legacy.  I decided I didn't want to watch a movie alone in a room full of people.

I kind of regret that decision.  I saw pictures of the event, and Meredith, the former Primary President was there, and I could have chatted with her a little bit.

Next month, I'll try again.

I made this goal because I knew it wouldn't be easy.  Gotta keep trying!



Cook dinner 3 times a week
Still failing on this one. But, due to a recent discovery, I have found my motivation and I'm going to kick this goal's butt.

Last week I cooked dinner 5 nights.  5 nights!  I don't think I've done that since... before we left Utah.  Wowzer!

I have dinner planned and groceries purchased for Sunday and Monday next week, and on Monday I'll need to go shopping for the rest of the week.



52 Week Money Saving Challenge
Still on track! I can't take any credit for this. Lance takes care of it all...




Monthly date night
We went out for Valentine's Day!  Yay! We went to dinner with Angie and Jake Peacock. They are an awesome couple in the ward.  They are so easy to talk to, and I felt like the conversation just flowed.

I'm extremely held back by social anxiety. I don't want to go out with people because I feel like no one likes me. This is legitimately how I feel. I am not saying this to get attention. Deep down I know otherwise, I just can't reach those deep down feelings most of the time.



Weekly crafts with Lily
We made Valentine crafts for my two Grandmas and my mom.  Still haven't sent them, so... they're now going to be random love notes in March.

YOLO.



Clean something (in my house) every day
I deep cleaned Lily's room. I emptied her closet, drawers, and toy box. I went through everything. I sanitized most of her toys, and I organized everything.

I've had to do a lot more cleaning in Lily's bathroom since she sometimes gets poo and pee in places other than the potty.

I deep cleaned my bathroom.

Cleaning more has made me want to decorate more! I purchased new shower curtains and rugs for the bathrooms.  Lily chose a lovely turquoise and white color theme for her bathroom, and mine is black, white, and red. I'm so boring.



Remember friends' and family members' birthdays
February birthdays were my sister in law, Laura, and my friend, Betty. Gifts were late.  They haven't been sent yet, actually.  Ugh.


March is Lily's birthday, and I'm planning a birthday party for her.  Last year we didn't throw her a party. We just had cupcakes and presents with the three of us.  I felt really guilty so this year I'm making an errort.

Problem is, we don't have family here, and I can't help but feel like no one will show up.  I'm putting all this time, money, and  effort into a birthday party for again, just the three of us!  Ugh.  We'll see what happens.  We're taking invitations to her nursery class tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment