Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016 Goals!

I made some goals last year. How did I do?  Not so great.


Monthly Enrichment night
I stopped going in the springtime. No real reason, I just got lazy. I won't be including this in my 2016 goals. It's just not a priority for me.

Cook dinner 3 times a week
I also stopped this sometime in the spring or summer.  We've been sick a lot this fall and winter and I know it's because we have been eating horribly.  I will definitely be trying this one again.

52 Week Money Saving Challenge
When Lance took the job with Disney, and unexpected expenses came up, the money we had saved disappeared and we stopped adding more.  We will be using a different money saving method this year.

Monthly date night
No, this was a big fail. I think we went on maybe 2 or 3 dates this year.  But I'm OK with that. I don't feel deprived. And Lily is really cool to hang out with.

Weekly crafts with Lily
Um, no. I probably did one or two.

Clean something (in my house) every day
No. I suppose I pick up here and there, but my house didn't get nearly the attention and scrubbing I wished I had given it consistently.

Remember friends' and family members' birthdays
I sent everyone a card except for Jared and my brother in law Chris.  Jared's I just kept forgetting. It's sitting here next to me, still. I forgot the entire time they were here. I forgot when we went to their house. I forgot when we met in Vegas. I just forgot!  I'm so sorry, Jared!  For Chris, his birthday is on Christmas, and I'm sure you can understand how I forgot to get him a card in the mail. But I feel terrible. Birthdays on Christmas are already an afterthought, and I feel horrible I didn't make more of an effort to recognize his birthday.

I did better on the goals I didn't share publicly, oddly enough. :)


My new goals for 2016 are different!  And while I won't be sharing the details nor will I be providing updates, here they are:

1. Get pregnant
2. Cook dinner 5 times a week
3. Save money
4. Walk 30 minutes a day
5. Quit soda
6. Travel somewhere I've never been




No comments:

Post a Comment