Sunday, April 3, 2016

Goal Update

I read somewhere recently that when you share your goals, you're less likely to achieve them.


I can't help but think it's because of all the naysayers out there.  Negativity. People who expect you to fail.


Even if they don't say it, sometimes you can feel what they're thinking.

I can sense those vibes.


Now, personally, on my blog, I don't sense any of that.  I'm behind a screen, you're behind a screen. Unless we discuss goals in person, I don't feel any negative influence at all.  Besides Satan. But, he's another story.

That jerk.




Ok, so, I made some goals earlier this year.    Here's how I'm doing.


1. Get pregnant - check

2. Cook dinner 5 times a week - doing well

3. Save money - doing really well

4. Walk 30 minutes a day - doing ok

5. Quit soda - doing pretty good, because of #1

6. Travel somewhere I've never been - in the works.





In other news. it's 5am and I just got done working.  Thank goodness it's conference weekend.  Conference starts at noon, and I plan to sleep until then.


I missed conference today. We were at Lily's dance class for the AM session, and I totally fell asleep during the second session.


But, one amazing thing about living right now is that I could listen and/or watch conference while I worked tonight.  So, I listened to both of today's sessions, as well as the Priesthood session.

Boom.



I have just a couple of notes for myself.

1. Pray to recognize the spirit in Lily's life so I can point it out to her.
-Focus on what she feels and encourage her to act on it.

2. Hold family council. Discuss family problems, plans, and offer support for each other.




No comments:

Post a Comment