Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

My birthday this year was AWESOME! The day started out like any normal day, and when I got to work there was a card on my desk. All my co-workers had written nice things to me... aww, how special. Then Dana, my boss, said that he was going to get lunch for everyone for my birthday and asked me to pick a place, so I picked... Cafe Rio. Mmm, it was delicious!

My husband is so sweet... roses were delivered to me at work. I felt really special, but also embarassed. They are so pretty! And it even came with a vase!


Lance had been planning this whole big barbeque all week, and of course on my birthday it rained all day. But the barbeque went on! I don't think our house has ever had that many people in it at once... but it was awesome to be surrounded by my family and friends. If you know me, you know that I don't like a whole lot of attention, most of the time. So... when Lance made me open presents in front of everyone, I felt so incredibly awkward, and I just wanted to hide. But I tried to be a good sport for Lance, because he put so much effort into this whole thing.

He even made my cake!



Oh, it was so cute! He got little star candles, and covered it in sprinkles. He tried to get Funfetti icing (that's my fav!) but Pillsbury LIED on the container. It's ok though, vanilla frosting is still way good. So lance, the poor guy was out grilling in the rain...for the first bit of the party. The burgers and hotdogs were delicious though! Well, I didn't try a hot dog, but the burgers were good! I hope he knows that I am so thankful for everything he did, and I had a wonderful birthday. I love him so much, and I hope he has a good birthday this year too (his is this upcoming Tuesday...).

The worst part about my birthday was....... nope, not the rain... the JAZZ LOST... Boo. I doubt we'll make it past the first round in the playoffs. Ugh... I guess there's always next season to look forward to. We already paid for our season tickets. ☺

The birthday party continues tomorrow (!!) when Sierra and I set off for our adventure in Vegas. It's my first time going to Vegas "alone." Yes, I won't be alone, because Sierra's there... but who do you think is going to be the navigator/planner/responsible person? Yeah, that's me. Kind of a lot of pressure, dontcha think? Nonetheless, I'm totally excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment