Saturday, May 16, 2009

Little Angel

I've never had a puppy before... strange huh? Growing up, my family always had a dog. But we always got them when they were a little older. They're such cute little things.

This week with Bentley has been more difficult than I thought it would be. Since Lance and I work all day, I made her a den in our downstairs bathroom. I put her cage with her bed in it in there and then she has space around that to play and/or use the restroom. It's heartbreaking to leave in the morning, having her crying really loud. But I'm sure once she gets used to it, it will get better. I just wish she didn't have to stay in there alone for 9 hours.

Potty training is going pretty well. It started out pretty rough, but over the week, once we got used to her timing, it's gotten better. All the potty traning material I have says that they usually need to go to the restroom 20-30 minutes after eating, but Bentley doesn't go until at least an hour afterwards. So, this means I have to get up with her at 6:30 in the morning, so she has time to eat, play and go potty before I leave for work. It's exhausting! But she is so worth it.

She loves to play. I'm sure that's true with all puppies. But its so cute when she's running around the room, and then she kind of barks at you to get your attention. It's like "Play with me, dang it!"

Today, she decided she liked Lance's work shoe better than she likes her toys. She was dragging the shoe around he room by the shoelaces. It looked pretty hard! Considering that the shoe is bigger than she is, or at least the same size. It weighs way more though. She's a measly 2.6 pounds, and Lance's shoe is steel-toed... not sure how much it weighs though.

The other day, when Lance went to his softball game. Bentley climbed right up me, onto the back of our couch and decided to take a little nap there. I loved it so much! She is so adorable when she sleeps. I got a picture of it. But the beeping of my camera (when it focuses) woke her up, so she's half awake in this picture. Aww.. my little baby.
She's such a little angel.
There are a few people who have said that Bentley is a boy's name. But I honestly can't see it being a boy's name. Maybe it's neutral like many other names these days... Bentley... it's a super nice car. Cars are female, right? Therefore, Bentley works as a girl's name. I used the excuse that no boy's name should end in "ley" but then I got it thrown in my face that there's Charlie, Wesley, Riley, Lee..... But hey, I like the name. It fits my baby well.

1 comment:

  1. Bentley is adorable! Matt wants a puppy so badly - but we can't have one in our apartment.

    ReplyDelete