Monday, July 6, 2009

New House Checklist

After living in a place for a while, say oh....6 months or longer...you find all the things you dislike about it... as well as some things you LOVE and can't live without.

At least, I'm hoping this is true for just about everybody, and I'm not just a greedy, nothing's-ever-good-enough-for-me kinda person.

Anyhow... I've made a list for all the things I want my next house to be. I don't think I'll find a house with EVERYTHING I want, so I've separated the list into Negotiable, and Non-Negotiable. My next house will have everything on my non-negotiable list. Yes it will... or I won't buy it.

Look out realtors, here comes one picky buyer!

-Absoultely NO Negotiation- *I would consider it a down-grade if our new house did not have these features.
Formal living room, with separate TV/family room
3+ beds
2+ baths
Spacious kitchen, with lots of cabinets and counter space
At least 1600 square feet
Two car garage
Walk-in closet
Separate tub/shower in master bath
Dual sinks in master bath
Landscaped front yard - has to have curb appeal!

I guess the only things on this list that we don't currently have is the separate tub and shower, and a garage. Everything else, we love about our house and need (ok, not "need" but really, really, really want) to keep.

-Negotiable-
Fenced back yard - I have this currently so it would be appreciated, but I could give it up, if my yard is large enough.
Jetted tub in master bath - I rarely use this, but it is nice to have.
Pool - I have no idea how to take care of a pool, so access to a community pool or something like that would be nice. I've seen a lot of gated communities in FL that have this, and I would prefer that over having my own pool.
Fireplace - It's hot in FL, so I doubt I would ever use it, it just looks nice in my current formal living room.
Laundry room - currently my "laundry room" is also a bathroom. Having a separate laundry room would be nice, but it's not needed.

The house also has to look nice overall. I don't want a fixer-upper. Lance and I both don't have the talent nor the time to fix up a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment