Thursday, June 24, 2010

Disrespected

Our neighborhood is getting vinyl fencing put in this week.  Yay, that sounds great!  But the guys putting it in have no respect for our property.

Soda cans, empty fountain drinks, and empty spray cans are scattered all over our yard.

They've decided to use our property as the  "holding place" for all of the materials, thus making it so we can't use our basketball hoop.  Why our yard?  We didn't give permission for that.

They took out our neighbor's huge tree, but left tons of wood shavings all over our lawn, which looks like it is killing our grass.

Today we go outside to our grill and find that the gas is turned on, and the grill itself is dirty, like it has been used recently.  Lance always scrubs it right after he grills something.

This is not right.  Part of me feels so disrespected.  How can you treat someone's property this way?  How can you justify using someone's grill?  Not only that, but leaving it on?  What if our house blew up?  Then what?  Is there a way we can prove that they are the ones who used it?  The other part of me is pissed off.  I want to yell at someone, but I don't know who to yell at.  I'm torn between being patient and hoping they'll clean it all up and calling the guy in charge and giving him an earful.

I've worked customer service and it sucks.  The last thing I ever want to do is chew someone out or vent to them.  But this is too much.  The grill was the last straw.  I can't handle this.

1 comment:

  1. That's awful! You could still complain about it, but just in a calm way. Maybe ask for them to not charge you as much because YOU have to clean up after them.
    Call me passive aggressive, but I would put a sign on my grill that says: "Use of the grill: $25/hour"

    ReplyDelete