Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Old and Boring

That's me.

I got another spray tan today.  Beaches' Mystic Tan is by one get one free, so 2 for $24 right now.  Good price!  The trick to the Mystic is... to listen to the employees at the salon.  They know what they're talking about, usually.  I have really fair skin.  Fair, freckly, skin.  How do I not look orange?  Skip the bronzer.  Also, if you have a sunless tanning lotion from last year, you should throw it away instead of use it.  Old lotions are more likely to turn you orange.  It also helps to do a gradual tan.  If you're fair you don't want to pick the darkest color.

Anyway, that's enough of that.

My girls are sitting next to me.  I love them.  They are so sweet. They make me so happy.

Oh!  Big changes at work.  Carrie quit.  Who is Carrie?  She was referred to by Dana as the day time manager, but I never really thought of her as that.  Nothing against her, but Dana is the owner of the company, he called the shots, she didn't really manage anything.  When she did try to manage me, it upset me because I was already doing or about to do what she would tell me.  Maybe I'm too prideful, but, seriously it bugged me.  So what does her quitting mean for me?  Nothing.  Ok, so not really nothing.  Donni offered me Carrie's position.  Really all that would entail that I'm not currently doing is going to work at 6am and leaving at 3pm.  That doesn't work for me because Lance and I still have just one car, so our work schedules need to match.  Lance can't leave work before 5:15 usually, so even if I did come in at 6am, I'd stay until 5:30pm.  I'm not a big fan of long shifts.  I'll stick to my four 9-hour shifts and one 4-hour shift.

Before Carrie quit, I had my review at work.  The bosses gave me options on what direction to take in the company.  I could have chosen: A: Admin Assistant direction.  B: Data Processing direction. C: Checking Manager position.  Previously, I had been doing all three, and when they sent me the form to fill out for the review I told them my concerns about how much work I was doing and how much stress it was causing.  I chose options A and B.  Goodbye checking management.  Good riddance too.  I'm SO over it.  It got to the point where I would get frustrated seeing an edit I had previously pointed out to someone.  I have completely lost my patience for it.  I feel/felt like, "I have to be perfect, so why the freak can't anyone else?!?!"  Just like that.

Since Carrie quit, that threw a wrench in that process.  Now instead of just having to hire a checker, they need to figure out if we can cover Carrie's spot with the number of people we have, or if we need a person to cover her.  However, we need a new checker either way.  It's getting to be too much on my own.  I still curse Rachel for quitting.  That stinker.

Anyway, that's work.  That's all I do.  I'm old and boring.

But Thursday...  maybe I won't be old and boring.  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment