Saturday, July 30, 2011

Look Forward With Faith

I'm two chapters away from being done with 2 Nephi.  Pretty exciting stuff!

Still boycotting Facebook.  Well, sort of.  I got on and looked at some status updates, then un-friended a couple of people who were especially annoying with their updates.

"Where are all the cute girls at?"  Pah-lease.

My family might be moving to North Carolina.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  It's not really reality for me at this point.  My dad got a great job offer from a company in Raleigh that would be more than what he and my mom make right now, combined.  Also, the cost of living in Raleigh is 3% lower than Salt Lake.  So the math adds up.

My dad went to his current company and told them about his offer and asked for more money to stay here.  They being the wonderful company that they are, said something to the effect of, "We don't think it will work out for you in North Carolina, so when you come back you can have your job back."  No more money.  Nothing.  My dad said he'd give them his final decision on Monday.

I guess it's good to know they might take him back if it really doesn't work out.  But would you want to come back?  I guess this is a lesson in pride.  Do you stick it out in Utah where your family is?  Do you really need more money?  Do you want to move across the country?  Will this be better for your family?

 I can tell you it won't be better for me.  Except around the holidays, maybe.  Every holiday is a struggle for Lance and me because we have to argue about whose family to spend most of the day with.  If my family moves, I guess Lance's family will get us for every holiday besides one per year, probably Thanksgiving or Christmas.  It's my family's turn for Christmas this year... but I'm afraid that since it's not a big election year for my company, my bonus won't be as large as it is during the even-numbered years, therefore, plane tickets and presents might be hard to purchase.  It's sad to think about.  No one wants to be without their family around the holidays.

My parents don't really call me much.  They don't really come over to my house much either.  If they move, will I ever talk to them?  Will they ever come to Utah for visits?  I'm not very optimistic about it.  But maybe the distance will make them realize it more.  Maybe when I don't randomly drop by during the week, they'll realize that they do miss me.

If this is the right thing for them, then I suppose it will all work out for the better.

Do what is right, be faithful and fearless.  God will protect you.

1 comment:

  1. I read this and started crying...
    I already miss you NOW. This is going to suck.
    I vote that we come back to Utah. Often.
    Or that you move to Florida so we can be neighbors..sort of.

    I love you, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete