Friday, September 30, 2011

What?!

I found out yesterday that I am having a baby girl.

Awwww.

We have a few pictures of her, include one of her bum and legs.  She already has fat rolls on her legs.  It's dang cute!

This was the third ultrasound. I've had one at each appointment.  It's been nice.  I like seeing the baby and making sure it is alive, y'know?  I worry.

Also, I really like my doctor.  She is so nice and helpful.  I suppose all doctors are.

I told Dr. Jones about all the headaches I've been having (one a day!), and how I never used to get headaches in the past unless it was caffeiene withdrawal, but that I had quit caffeine back in January.  She told me that I could either take Tylenol or drink a Dr. Pepper each day (I told her Dr. Pepper was my favorite). 

Me: I don't want to get addicted again!  And I try not to take pills if I can.  I've only taken Tylenol twice this whole pregnancy.
Dr Jones: "Well, don't make yourself suffer!  I think you'd be OK with 1 or even 2 cans of soda each day."

Then we talked about Sunkist and how that has caffeine, and that maybe I should drink that.  She's just a cute doctor.

Anyway, my official ultrasound is October 24th.  That will be the one where they look at the baby from head to toe and make sure everything is developing.  And perhaps they will tell me that it is a boy and not a girl.

It's not that I don't want a girl.  I'm happy either way!  I just really felt like it was a boy.  Guess my intuition is whack.

I also had the feeling I'd have twins.  (Or maybe that was just me wanting twins.....)

But anyway, it's time to prepare for Lily!  I'm clueless.  I also don't really feel like doing anything.  It's still not real to me.  And I hate organizing.  Oh and my scrapbook room is full of crap.

We did purchase two large packages of diapers, and I did start my registry about a month ago.  That's about as much as I feel up to.  I think I'd rather wait until January to start really doing things.  Any objections?

4 comments:

  1. I was wrong. Again. Boooo.
    But, I knew she would be a chunk. (:
    I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consultations! We all thought Kayleen's baby would be a boy...but nope! :) I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was for sure that Connor was a girl...until I saw that ultrasound, and he proved me wrong! Baby Lily is going to be adorable! I'm so excited! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! She is going to be beautiful!
    If you don't want to take pills and want to stay away from caffeine, try inhaling peppermint oil. It does wonders, but it might make you nauseous if youre sensitive to smells.

    ReplyDelete