Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloween Cruise and Shopping

I went on a little cruise down the Provo river with Lance, Katie, Eric and Mabel this weekend.  It was cute.  It's more for kids than anything, but I enjoyed it!  You get on a boat with about 20 other people, and you have a pirate captain who tells you a story, and sings a song.  Then another pirate takes over the boat and tells jokes and gives you candy.  The river is lined with Halloween lights and carved pumpkins, so they reflect off the water.  It was really pretty.

Saturday we went to the Park City outlets to get me some clothing.  I got two undershirts (since my undershirts and tank tops no longer fit), three tops and a dress.  I'm glad I got some clothes that don't make me feel like a cow.

Seriously.

I may not be huge, but I think anyone can agree that when you are gaining weight, no matter what size you were and what size you have become, it's depressing, and shopping sucks, and you feel like no matter what you wear you look like crap.  All I can think about is, when will this baby get here, and, when can I start Insanity again? I'm ready to have my normal tummy back again.

I'm only halfway done and I've gained 8 lbs.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad.  I think you gain more in your 2nd half than your 1st half of pregnancy.  My goal is to keep it under 20.  I don't think it's going to happen. The worst has yet to come.

I really do have body image issues.

My 20 week ultra sound is tomorrow!  Here's to hoping Lily has all of her fingers and toes, and everything is normal.  But if it turns out to be Liam and not Lily, that's OK too.  We haven't bought any gender-specific items yet.

Want to hear a strange (at least, I think it's strange) story?  My favorite color is pink.  I do not want to dress Lily in pink very much.  I want her to wear purple and green and brown.   The nursery will be green and brown.

The end.

1 comment:

  1. I remember all that with my first baby! I tend to have body image issues too, but you kind of have to let it go when you're pregnant. I'll just warn you now, it's worse after the baby comes because you think your body should go back to normal now that the baby is out! Well, you'll lose all the weight and look pretty good after a while... but your body will NEVER be the same. It may not all be bad, but it will definitely be different. And you'll love that baby so much, it'll be okay!

    BTW, 8 lbs gained is really good! I gained 35 lbs total my first time, but it all came off. Yours will too!

    Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete