Thursday, October 20, 2011

Halloween Festivities

Did you know that I cannot recall a time where I had my own pumpkin to carve any way I wanted?

This year, I challenged that (does anyone else get annoyed at those Olay commercials?).

Lance and I wanted to carve pumpkins!  We were going to do it this weekend, but Lance's sister, Laura, invited us to her place for dinner last Sunday and said that they would be carving pumpkins as well that day.  So, we went to Walmart and I picked out my first, very own pumpkin!

Then I decided that I lack in creativity, extremely, and that I am OCD when it comes to organization and perfection.  Therefore, I decided to use a template, instead of free-hand carving it.  So we bought a book of templates, that included some fancy tools to help make detailed carving a bit easier.

I chose this template:


I like how it turned out.  I am not at all a pro... obviously, since it was my first time, but I am pleased!

I have pictures... I just need to get them off Lance's phone.

Unfortunately, a few days after carving, the pumpkins started getting all bendy and soggy on the thinner parts.  So now my moon's mouth and eye is all bent in.  Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment