Thursday, June 14, 2012

Current Stuff

Let's just say I haven't posted in a while because I've been really depressed lately, and no one likes to read a blog where the writer is always complaining about how horrible their life is, when really, their life isn't horrible at all.

So, that being said, here are some good things that have happened lately.

My little family has been spending a lot more time with Eric, Katie, Mabel and Jared lately.  I've been loving it!  We live so close and yet hardly ever saw each other, so this is really good.

You know how there are some people out there who just really make you feel good about yourself?  Not in an "I'm better than you" way, but, because of how they talk to you and the way they treat you, and the things they say.   Well, Katie, my sister in law, is one of the those people.  I don't know what it is, but I always feel better about myself after hanging out with her.  She's just nice, and throws compliments left and right, and it really brightens my day.

I went to Seven Peaks today with Lily, Eric, Katie and Mabel.  Let's just say it was difficult taking an infant to the pool, and there were a lot of tears from both Lily and me.  But, once we got there and got in the water we had a good time.  It was just a lot of work to get to that point, so I'm not sure if I'd want to do that again without Lance.  We'll see.

Today when Lance was leaving work, he called me, as he usually does, and I happened to be crying at that time (that's just what happens when you're trying to work and your baby is screaming and you can't get her to stop, and you're pulled in so many directions at once, and people are waiting for you to finish something...).  Where was I?  Oh yeah, Lance called me and realized I was having a hard day, so he brought me some beautiful flowers.  I'm not a flowers girl, but it was a really nice thing for him to do.

Lily is cute, but stubborn.  She's very picky.  I guess we both are.  She's basically a little copy of myself. Boy, am I in for it!

I ordered my first Bountiful Basket last week!  I first heard about it back in October from my grandma.  She was really excited about it, and I always wanted to try it but thought I woudln't finish it before it went bad.  Well, I've decided to eat healthier, and that includes fewer processed foods, less meat, and more fresh fruits and veggies.

On a side note, I heard that 51% of what you eat in a day should be RAW.  That's a lot of fresh fruit and veggies!

So, after committing to this "diet", I've realized I can eat a lot of fruit and veggies in a day.  It has been wonderful!  I'm also excited for the things I"ve never tried before, like kale.  I've never had kale!  On the Food Network they often pair it with bacon, so I found a recipe that has bacon and apples in it.  Sounds so delish!  I can't wait to make it.  I can't wait for my next basket!  I'm only going to get one every other week, because it is a lot of produce, and it's really only me eating it.  Let's be honest, Lance isn't the most veg-tastic person out there. ;)  But it's OK.  I made chicken caesar salads the other night and that got him to eat the romaine at least.

2 comments:

  1. aww, yay! i'm glad y'all are hanging out more. and lance is such a keeper. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove Bountiful Baskets! Their 9 grain bread is divine. I like getting their baskets because it introduces me to new produce.

    I also love kale. My two favorite things to do with it: baked Kale Parmesan chips and a Swiss Kale Frittata.

    ReplyDelete