Monday, June 25, 2012

Feeling Hot Hot Hot

Our air conditioner decided to break down this week.  Super exciting.  I knew something was wrong when I went into my house on a 90 degree evening, and it was warmer inside than it was outside.

Lovely!

Luckily, Lance's sister has a window AC unit that she's letting us borrow until we get it fixed.  I feel like I live in a tiny apartment, since we're pretty much confined to the basement, unless we want to melt.

We had a guy come out on Saturday, when it happened.  $150 dollars later we were in no better of a situation, and we had to wait until Monday until we could get it fixed.  Well, sort of.  The guy said if we just wanted to replace the part that was broken, they should be able to do it Monday.  But, he recommended an entire new system, and said they probably couldn't do that until Wednesday.  Yuck.


I'm having a hard time keeping up with Lily's eating these days.  Since I've started working at night, Lance has been feeding her pumped milk from a bottle, and I pump when I'm done working for the night.  This was going well until Lily decided she needs 10oz of milk between 5pm and 10pm.  I can only pump about 6.  We ran out of pumped milk today so we fed her a bottle of formula that we got from the hospital.

I feel like I'm the only person I know who was seriously 100% exclusively breastfeeding.  I don't know if this is true or not, but either way, I feel like no one will really understand how upset I was about having to feed Lily the formula.  I feel like a failure. I know it won't hurt her, but it's definitely not something I want to get in the habit of doing since breast milk is so much better for her.  Formula would be so much easier, and I can't help but wonder if I would start losing weight if I stopped breastfeeding.... but then I realize I'm being selfish and I need to do what's best for her as well as I can.


Weight loss, schmeight loss.  Tonight my dinner was sweet cherries and Coke.  Yum!  I didn't weigh myself today because I've stopped caring.  I can only be disappointed so many times before I fold.  I guess this way I can be happy about anything that decides to come off now, be it 8 ounces, or 2 pounds.


My mom and sisters are in town! My mom is staying with me and my sisters are staying with friends.  My dad flies out next weekend, and Elise flies out July 3rd.  Family reunion! Yay!


Tonight Lily rolled from her stomach to her back three times.  It sure was cute!  I miss her when she's sleeping.  She still sleeps about 12 hours at night, and now I've got a routine down where she takes a nap each day!  The nap varies from 1 hour to 4 hours.  Usually it's about 2 hours.  It's pretty nice!  She has started "talking" to us more.  It's more like a squeal than anything else, but it is adorable.  She likes to suck on her thumb and forefinger on her left hand, and she is constantly gagging herself by sticking them so far back in her mouth.  I wonder if she'll continue to suck on both of those fingers as she gets older.  It is quite strange...

 Here we are at the Strawberry Days parade.  Lily loved it!  She passed out about 30 minutes before it was over.  I think she really liked the marching bands.  It was a fun day!

That's all for now.  I've got to go attempt to pump another 10 oz...

1 comment:

  1. Look at those cute baby legs! I'm sad I missed the parade, especially since I coulda seen you and your sweet baby.

    By the way, I know exactly how you feel with the whole formula thing. When Rowan was real little, every time I had to make him formula, I heard the Green Goblin's voice in my head. You know, from Spiderman? "Back to formula??" I felt guilty every time. But it's okay! Eventually I caught up and didn't use formula anymore. I was really glad I had the stuff the hospital gave me though (we didn't buy any cuz I didn't think I'd need it) otherwise I woulda been in a pickle. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete