Saturday, June 2, 2012

Today, Yesterday, Tomorrow

I went to H&M this evening to buy a swim suit.

This was a terrible idea that ended in tears.

The size I thought I was ended up being two sizes too small.  Not to mention I don't look good in a swimming suit anyway. I feel so much better about myself when I just hang out in sweat pants.  So basically, I knew I was a lot bigger than I used to be, but I didn't realize that I was THAT much bigger than I used to be.

But OK.  I'm sure you're all sick of hearing me complain about my weight.


We're going swimming at Katie and Eric's tomorrow.  I really like hanging out with them.  They make me happy.

**********

The other day when I was going to attempt to do a workout while wearing Lily in my wrap didn't go so well.  She got fussy before I turned on the DVD.  So I took her out and put her in a swing.  She was fussy for a while, but fell asleep shortly thereafter.  She slept long enough for me to work out AND shower.  Score!

Today's workout was OK.  I waited to start until she went down for a nap, but she woke up about 5 minutes in to it.  I brought her downstairs and put her in a bouncer.  She was pretty fussy, but not so fussy that I had to stop.  I'm making progress!

The workouts are still pretty difficult. I have a long way to go.


**********

While Lance and I were at City Creek tonight, we decided to eat at Sbarro.  We ordered our food, and they charged us $11 something.  After paying we thought that seemed really cheap for how much Sbarro really is.  Not thinking much of it, we sat down and ate.  I asked Lance if they charged us correctly and he said, "Nope, they didn't."  I looked at the receipt and they had under charged us by $4.  I wrestled with myself the whole time I was eating.  It was really like I had two angels on my shoulders, one good one bad.  Finally the good one won.  I knew I was raised better than to just let it lie.  My parents taught me to be honest, and to not steal. Even though it was the employees' mistake, I believe not telling them would be like stealing.  Also, I know I want to raise Lily better than that as well, and if something like this happens when she's old enough to know what's going on, it's good to have at least one practice round under my belt.

I was scared.  

I decided I would go get refills, and then tell them they under charged me.

Yeah, it was awkward.

One girl was getting my refills and I said, "I think you guys under charged us.  We ordered two combo meals, but you only charged us for one combo meal with extra bread sticks."  She looked around, kind of confused.  Then I said, "Is there a way you can ring up the difference?"  She just shrugged her shoulders and said, "It's on me tonight."  I said, "Oh, ok.  Thanks!"  There was another Sbarro employee standing right there and she asked, "What's going on?"  And the first girl said, "We under charged her."  Sbarro employee number two said, "Oh, how honest of you!" in a pretty awkward way.  I think I just blushed.  They told me to have a good night, and then I walked away with my drinks.

All the excuses the bad angel was giving me seemed ridiculous after the fact.  Who cares how awkward it is?  It's not like I'll ever see them again.  And, if I do, then I'll be remembered as "the honest girl".  What's so bad about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment