Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pleasing

I'm off early today.

Whaaa?  3:45 am is early?

Yes, my friends, it is.

Grand total of hours last pay period?

...Drum roll please.....


131.25

Hello, shopping spree.

Just kidding, who has time for that?  Not this girl.


In other news: I am 5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight!  Wow!  I thought this day would never come!


I fit into my wedding ring, finally.

I fit into my favorite pair of jeans, finally.

Unfortunately, my top half is about two inches lower than it used to be.  I need to visit Victoria.


I haven't judged my bottom half.  I probably won't.




Lily is pretty much crawling.  It's not a real crawl, but she can get from here to there if she wants to.

Cutest butt ever.

She loves to sing.  She loves to dance.

She loves her daddy.

She loves seeing us when she wakes up in the morning, or from a nap.

She loves sleep.

Yesterday, she slept 20 out of the twenty four hours in the day.

Whaa?

She must be growing again.



My post is reminding me of someone.

Oh, right, my sister, whose posts are always fascinating.  :-)  Love her.


I'd like to leave you with more about my decision to stop eating meat.


D&C Section 89

Given for a principle with promise, adapted to the capacity of the weak and the weakest of all saints, who are or can be called saints.
...
12  Yea, flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly;
13  And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used, only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine.



The Word of Wisdom, which has been adapted to the capacity of the weakest if all saints, says, that it is pleasing unto Him that meat should not be used.  Winter, cold, or famine are the exceptions.  Personally, my thermostat says that I never live in the cold.   Perhaps meat would be a good food storage item since it freezes well, and when you do eat it, it keeps you full for a long time.

In heaven, will we eat meat?  

I don't know.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Jenn. I love you. (:
    You are all looking so great! Lily is freaking adorable. & I think it's cool that you went vegetarian. I keep telling mom and dad that I want to stop eating meat...but then all we buy is steak and I'm too lazy to cook for myself.
    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried being a vegetarian years ago when I lived at home... it did NOT pan out well.

    Mom had made beef stroganoff THE VERY DAY I decided to start.

    So, I lasted one meal, ate the stroganoff for dinner, and decided it wasn't possible for me, yet.

    No worries though. Meat is delicious! Seriously.

    When I come visit, maybe I can get Mom and Dad to try some "funky" new foods. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are also vegan and have been for a over a year now!! We also made the decision based on the word of wisdom! Best thing we ever did!! You look great by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Danielle, I want to be vegan! I worry about it being really, really difficult. No cheese! I do love coconut, almond, rice, and soy milk. How did you transition into full vegan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also tried and failed during my teen years. It's really hard when you're not the one shopping for and cooking the food. I have a friend who is supporting her daughter's vegetarianism and makes lots of meat optional meals and has learned how to eat meat sparingly for the first time in her own life because of her 12 year old daughter's choices. I think that's awesome. I love being a vegetarian, and I love how supportive my husband (also a vegetarian) and children have been. The kids love trying out new recipes and eating more ethnic foods at home.

    ReplyDelete