Friday, October 5, 2012

Stats

My work week is Sunday night to Thursday night.  In that time I:

  • Showered once.
  • Got dressed 0 times.
  • Never put on makeup.
  • Ate 7 times.
  • Worked 61.75 hours.
  • Left the house 0 times.
  • Lost 2 pounds
The most consistent sleep I got was probably 2.5 hours at a time.

I only showered once because... if I had time to take a shower, I'd take a nap.

I never got dressed or put on make up because, well... I never left the house, so what's the point?

I ate 7 times in 5 days because... if I had time to prepare something, I'd take a nap.  So, basically I wouldn't eat until it was time to work.  I drank a TON of Coke.  I spiked my Simply Raspberry Lemonade with Rockstar Lemonade.

In preparation for the presidential debate that happened this past Wednesday, we had a TON of work.  Long hours, late nights, no sleep.  But seeing the results of these polls is highly entertaining and interesting.

The worst night of work: I had freaking 10 coding merges.  Coding merges SUCK because there are a ton of tiny little steps to do to make sure the finished product is accurate and clean.  The people who converted some of these projects in the first place didn't add the open ended questions to the layout, so that means I had to add a million little characters to the SPS file, layout and E file.

Ok so that last part probably made ZERO sense to anyone who reads this.  But UGH!  Just UGH!!!!!!

Not to mention, that when you are the one in charge of coding merges, you first have to wait for the final data on the project, and then you have to wait for the coding to be completed.  And THEN if it's for Adam Gellar you have to wait for the verbs to be cleaned.   I just like having everything all at once, to be completed on MY terms.  But that is not reality.

I lost 2 pounds!  This is most likely due to the above statement of eating only 7 times in  5 days.

On Monday, I made a lasagna for a sister that I visit teach.  I have yet to deliver it to her, but that's besides the point.  I made it!  In my hectic, hellish life I took time to do something for someone else.  Dang right I'm proud of myself.  "Unless we lose ourselves in service there is little purpose to our own lives."  Or something like that.

Anyway, the real reason I'm mentioning the lasagna is because I put meat in it.  I also made an eggplant Parmesan lasagna for Lance and me.  YUMMM!!  Lance said it needed meat, but I think he's just brainwashed into believing that.

Growing up, I never had a meal without meat.  It makes me nervous to go visit my family.  Last night I talked to my mom.

ME: What's for dinner?
MOM: Beef stroganoff.
ME: What do you have for vegetarians?
MOM: You can just not eat the meat.

Haha!  It doesn't work that way.  You still killed the cow.  I'm not going to go around ordering hamburgers and not eating the patty.

No comments:

Post a Comment