Tuesday, January 29, 2013

100% Moved Out, 80% Moved In

I'm not sure if we moved the absolute dumbest way possible, or if moving always sucks this bad.

I'm pretty sure it's the former, because 9 times out of 10, I'm sure people don't make multiple trips when they're moving.

We got the keys to our new place on January 15th.  I didn't want to take any days off of work during the move, so Lance would take a few boxes of items up here on his way to work, since it's about 10 minutes away from his work.  We did that for a few days, but then on the weekend we decided to try to get the rest of it with a big moving truck.  The moving truck got most of the big items, but there was still a ton of random stuff left behind.

I don't know... it seemed like no matter how much we threw away, sold, donated, and packed, there was still more and more stuff showing up all over the house.  I'm still stressed just thinking about it.  But anyway, yesterday Lance finally made the final trip from Provo to Midvale with the final items that needed to be moved.

We left the house in a bit of a dirty state...  But I'm not going to drive to Provo to clean a house we didn't make money on.  Mean? Probably. But whatever.

Every day I've been unpacking box after box, getting things organized, just in time for the next load of boxes to show up in the entryway.

He's the kitchen when I finished with a few boxes:



And here's the rest of the kitchen that isn't so nicely organized:


Bah humbug.  I have a feeling that it will be unorganized and chaotic for... ever.

Lily is completely weaned from nursing.  It was too hard for me to balance a bottle and nursing.  I thought it would be easy, but it really wasn't.  So, she only has formula now.  It's nice... I can lay her down on the couch or the floor with a bottle and keep doing what I'm doing, instead of having to stop and sit with her.  My jeans are looser, so that's nice. I have no idea where my scale is, but, I'm not really worried about that right now.

She thinks she needs to stand up all the time.  My baby... is getting so big. :(

We see this a lot more often than we ever have in the past, but it's been a welcome change.

She "helped" us pack boxes by grabbing things out of them and throwing them all around.  What a good helper!

1 comment:

  1. I looks really nice, Jenn! I'm glad you could get everything done!

    ReplyDelete