Friday, February 8, 2013

Too Excited

I've been planning Lily's first birthday party ever since she was three months old.  I'm that excited.  The beginning stages were just gathering ideas and such, but, now I'm in full blown party mode.

Her birthday is a month away and I honestly feel like I don't have enough time to get everything done.  Yikes!

I ordered her birthday cakes today.  Oh my goodness, they will be so cute!  I found an old friend from junior high who now does cakes as a hobby, and is even starting her own business!  I'm so excited for her. And I'm excited for Lily's cakes!  I've always wanted an awesome cake at a party for me.  My wedding cake bombed.  Blegh.  But that's a different story, so anyway... here's the inspiration for Lily's cake:


Cute, right?  The changes I requested to this were that the top tier not have polka dots, but have Minnie Mouse silhouettes. And instead of the ears on top, I want a big number 1.

Seriously, I can't stop grinning.

I ordered Lily a SUPER CUTE outfit to wear.


We got the t-shirt and the tutu, not the bow or leggings. We got it from a little shop called Spoiled Sweet Kids.  I wanted to make Lily a tutu myself. I've heard it's really easy, but, realistically, I probably wouldn't finish it in time.  So, there you have it.

I went and bought a bunch of scrapbooking paper to make the invitations.  My inspiration:  

Suuuuuper cute.

 Notice the theme?  Anyone?  It's hard, I know.  Zebra and Minnie Mouse!  SO ADORABLE!

Lance says this party is for me, and not for Lily. I think he's right.

2 comments:

  1. This looks adorable! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha the first party always is!! It's going to be super cute! Do you know which day it is going to be?

    ReplyDelete