Monday, September 23, 2013

Ipsy September Glam Bag Review

Look! It's a shiny pink bubble mailer!


Once again I received my bag the day they say they start shipping bags.  I'm not complaining. In fact, I feel super special. Ipsy must love me!

Note: I didn't take pictures of each product by itself.  It was hot outside, and the sun was a little too bright for my liking. I planned to take more pictures later, but... it's been like 2 weeks and I still haven't. So... this is what I've got.

The September bag is all about classic beauty. Oh, how I love classic beauty. It makes me think of black cat-eye eyeliner and bold red lips.

What is ipsy?

Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month.  (From ipsy's site.)


Normally, I'll adjust my online beauty profile depending on what I'd change about the products they've given me.  However, last month's bag was so awesome, I left everything as it was and I have yet again received another wonderful bag.  Way to go, Ipsy! You go, Ipsy!




The bag this month is pretty cute. I seem to be getting more and more ideas about what I can do with all these bags, while at the same time thinking about giving some to my mom and sisters...  I should let each of them pick one, and then work on my ideas with the bags that come in the future.

Anyhow... on to the products! That's the whole point, right?

  • Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Big Apple. Full size. $19 if you buy it from Cailyn's site.


The name of this product is deceiving.  When I think of a "tinted lip balm," I think of something with a hint of color. This does not give just a hint of color. This lip balm is bad A!  It applies easily with the brush they include in the lid, a little bit goes a long way, and the color is opaque, bright red gorgeousness!  It lasts a long time, and it also stains my lips, which in my opinion, is a good thing.

I feel pretty foolish for purchasing the Urban Decay lipstick last month because now I have the red lipstick sample from UD, the full size red lipstick from UD, and now this full size bright red beauty! This is a matte, blue-based red, while the Urban Decay one has a bit of a shine to it and is pink based. I'll definitely be using this, and probably more often than the Urban Decay lipstick, just because I feel like it's a bit more casual looking. 
  • Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil. Full size. $18 if you buy it from Chella's site.

So many people have said good things about this pencil.  At first I was worried it might be too yellow for my skin, but after trying it out, I have fallen in love! I use it underneath each eyebrow as a highlight, which makes my eyebrow line look cleaner, especially if I haven't trimmed or plucked my eyebrows in a bit.  I also use it underneath my eyes as a concealer.  Having it be a tad yellow is really good for that area since underneath my eyes tends to be bluish/purple.

  • NYX Eyeshadow in Hollywood. Full size. $4.50 if you buy it on NYX's site.

This isn't very exciting to me. I was hoping for a more exciting color, for sure.  But, white is probably a good "classic" color.  Truth is, I have too many colors of eyeshadow in pale highlighting shades like this one.  This one will be going to my sister, Emilee, assuming she wants it...
  • Elizabeth Mott It's so B!G Mascara. Deluxe sample size. Full size is $19.99 if you by it from Elizabeth Mott's site. Estimated value: $7.99.

Wahoo, another mascara sample! Today, I just barely opened the Pixi mascara sample from last month, so this one will be unopened for a while. I am going to use it eventually, and it won't go bad while it's still sealed.

  • Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil in Obsidian. Full size. $12 if you buy it from Starlook's site.

I love black eyeliner! I have several to use up right now (Mary Kay eyeliner in black, MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved, Milani Liquid Eye Pencil in Graphite, and Cailyn Linefix Gel Eyeliner in Iron), so I won't be opening this for a while. But, just like mascara, I will eventually use it, and it will be just fine as long as it stays sealed.

If the texture and longevity of this eyeliner is similar to the Starlooks lip pencil I received a few months ago then, I'm sure I will love it.

Breakin' it down:
Cailyn lip balm: $19
Chella highlighter: $18
NYX eyeshadow: $4.50
Elizabeth Mott mascara: $7.99
Starlooks Kohl pencil: $12

Total bag value: $61.49 - that makes this bag the most valuable I have received to date!  Nice!

Interested in joining Ipsy?  I'd love it if you used my referral link! http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hh1dhitczm8r4e9

No comments:

Post a Comment