Monday, September 30, 2013

Ipsy October Glam Bag - Sneak Peeks!

Last month I did not post the sneak peeks because I thought that maybe they weren't that interesting.  While that may be true for some people, I'm posting them anyway.

I'm working on setting up a beauty blog where I will post all my Ipsy stuff, my makeup favorites, makeup reviews, and all other kinds of girly stuff, but until that is perfect and ready to be shared I will be writing about Ipsy here. :)


I will update this post as more sneak peeks are released.

Sneak Peek #1 -  September 30th:


Nail polish!  In May (the month before I received my first Ipsy bag) the bags included Zoya nail polish. Judging by the shape of the bottle, I think this nail polish is also Zoya brand.  In fact, it looks like they are from their new fall collection: Cashmeres and Satins. I am absolutely LOVING the colors! Royal blue nail polish is on my wish list, so I hope I get that one. However, I love the purple color, and I don't currently have any green nail polish so I would be happy with any of these.

I think the specific shades are: Neve, Giovanna, and possibly Mason.

Also "museum-worthy"? Is that a clue to the theme this month?  Hmm....

 Sneak Peek #2 -  October 1st:




I recognize 2 products. The navy blue powder looks like a Mica Beauty eyeshadow.  I'd love to get that. I'd use it as an eyeliner, and it would look fab!  The other item I recognize is the pink lip pencil. That is another Starlooks lip pencil. Since I already have one, I'm betting Ipsy won't be sending me another. At least, they say they don't send out duplicates.

As for the blue-green gel, the white lotion-looking item, and the deep burgundy gel, I have no idea what they are. I'm guessing the lotion-looking item is a BB cream of some kind, and the reddish item is a lip gloss.

Also "timeless works of art" is hinting at the same thing as yesterday's sneak peek with "museum-worthy". Also, this picture is on a paint palette. So the theme has something to do with art, I believe.

Money gets taken out today!  Only a week or so and we'll have our bags!  Yay!

 Sneak Peek #3 -  October 2nd:
 

I like how they're showing the texture of the products in this sneak peek and the previous sneak peek.  Pretty cool.

Judging by the color of the bottle, and the fact that the bottle is semi-transparent, I think the item on the right is a travel size Big Sexy Hair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel. That product also fits with their clue of "big bold statement."

I think the item on the left is mousse.  If you look at the gel in the person's hand, there is a tiny bit of white foam there... So, after browsing through some more Sexy Hair products, I found this Style Sexy Hair Blow It Up Volumizing Gel Foam. It's a black bottle like the sneak peak, and it's a mousse, like I can see in the picture.

I'd love to get either of these products! My hair is very thin and flat. I actually haven't blow dried it since I've moved to the southeast, but, I think I will once I have my own place, space, and I can get my routine back.

Do you think I'm getting better at guessing products?  I sure am pleased with myself! :-)

 Sneak Peek #4 -  October 3rd:


Annnnnd... I'm back to being bad at guessing the products.  Looks like there are some kind of facial wipes, an eyeshadow brush, eyeshadow, a finger using a facial wipe (?), and lip gloss.  As far as brands goes, I have no idea. None of these items look familiar to me.

 Sneak Peek #5 -  October 3rd:


I don't know what these are either, but I like the sound of having skin care items.

 Sneak Peek #6 -  October 4th:


Here's the sneak peek of the bag.  Looks like it will be white and red, which I think I will love.

 Sneak Peek #7 -  October 4th:


I'm not sure what this is, but something leads me to believe it either smells like cupcakes, or tastes like cupcakes, or maybe both.

Does anyone remember when Jessica Simpson had that edible lotion line? I think it was sold at Claire's. So weird.

I'm not really a fan of sugary smelling lotions, so this is not something I want in my bag.

Here is what I think our bags are looking like:
  • Zoya nail polish in either blue, green, or purple.
  • Sexy Hair's Blow Dry Volumizing Gel, or Sexy Hair's Blow it Up Volumizing gel foam.
  • Any combination of the following: Mica eyeshadow, the blue gel, the white lotion, the burgundy gloss, Starlooks lip pencil, eyeshadow palette, eyeshadow brush, pink lip gloss, makeup removal wipes (?), a prepping item of some sort, or a sugary-smelling lotion.
My dream bag:
Blue nail polish, Sexy Hair Blow it Up Gel Foam, Mica eyeshadow, the blue gel (yes, even though I have no idea what it is), and one of the prepping items.

I'm excited to find out what I get!

Interesting in joining Ipsy? I'd love it if you used my referral link: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hh1dhitczm8r4e9

No comments:

Post a Comment