Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Zoo Day (But Not Really)

I'm tired.  I don't have a good reason to be tired, but I am tired.  I went to bed at 2am last night, and woke up today at 1pm.

I think I remember hearing Lily jabbering earlier, but she must have fallen back asleep because she was out when I got up.

I neglect my child!  I'm such a horrible parent.

We've done some fun stuff over the past few weeks, but right now I'm just going to talk about our failed zoo attempt.

We tried to visit the zoo, but that failed.  Apparently it's huge and you need at least four hours to tour it.  We went on a Saturday and left the house at about 1 in the afternoon.  The zoo is a 2-hour drive away.  We stopped at the Waffle House for some good eats (seriously... peach waffles with a peach glaze, sweet grits, bacon, eggs... yum!), and asked our server about the zoo.  She said it was really big and she usually only tours one section of it, and that takes about three hours.  It was about 3 in the afternoon by this time, and I work on Saturdays at 7pm.  So basically, we didn't have enough time to see the zoo then drive home for two hours.

Now, before you say, "Oh, that stinks that you have to work on Saturdays," don't.  I like my job, and I like my employers, and working on Saturday is my choice. I used to work on Sundays, but in an effort to not work on Sundays, I've moved to Saturdays.

Can you tell I'm sick of people giving me crap about working on Saturday?

Anyway, back to the zoo day... Instead of visiting the zoo we visited the crappiest, smallest mall in the world.  I was, however, able to purchase Lily a cute dress to wear to my sister's wedding, along with a shirt for me to wear.  So it wasn't a total waste of a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment