Monday, January 6, 2014

Ipsy January - Sneak Peeks

I really love getting Ipsy bags. I get 4-5 deluxe sample, or even full sized, beauty products each month, along with a cute bag to put them in. It's only $10 (unless you live in NC or CA; they have to charge tax if you live in those states). When you first sign up, you take a beauty quiz so they can match products (as best they can) to what you want and what you're looking for. You can retake the quiz at any time.

From Ipsy's site:

Michelle Phan has inspired countless women around the world through her beauty video tutorials on YouTube. Every day, the question Michelle gets asked the most is: "What are the right products for me?"

With infinite beauty product combinations in the marketplace, choosing the best items for your needs can be a challenge! That was why Michelle created ipsy. Michelle and her team of stylists have selected products they love, for you to try.

Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month.

So go ahead, take the beauty quiz, get your first Glam Bag, watch the videos, and create your own!



So far, this is what our bags will contain:
  • One of the following:
    • Tinted lip balm (possibly Mica)
    • Malin + Goetz Mojito lip balm
  • One of the following:
    • Elizabeth Mott eye shadow pencil
    • Yaby foundation
  • One of the following:
    • Sexy Hair leave in conditioner
    • a makeup brush (possibly Coastal Scents)
    • Briogeo deep conditioning hair mask
    • Benefit Porefessional
    • ??? (mystery oil)
  • Any two of the following:
    • Willa Towlettes
    • A! Cleansing Tissues
    • Proactive+ Makeup Removing Wipes
    • Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion
    • Skiin Line Filler
    • Alterna Dry Shampoo
    • Apothederm Firming Serum
    • ??? (four other mystery products)


Sneak Peek #1:


Sneak Peek #1 appears to be two tinted lip balms that could be practically any brand, and one Malin + Goetz Mojito Lip Balm.  Good thing! I have too many lipsticks and not enough lip balms.


UPDATE!

I did a little digging...  I thought maybe the two unknown lip balms were Cailyn, but Ipsy has confirmed that they are NOT Cailyn.  Dun dun dun!


It could possibly be a Mica Beauty tinted lip balm as their packaging is similar.

Sneak Peek #2:


The two pencil-like items say "smooth shadow" on them, so I believe they are Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencils. I'm guessing they are the colors Pearl, and Penny. I recently started using eyeshadow pencils and other similar items as an eyeshadow base. It really helps make my eyeshadow pop and look awesome, so I can't wait to try these, if I get one!

The tube in the middle says "Yaby" on it. I've personally never received a Yaby product in an Ipsy bag before, however, they have received items in the past.  This one looks like the Yaby Liquid Foundation. It comes in many colors that are perfect to mix with each other to create the perfect shade for anyone. But, I think Ipsy has their work cut out for them - I can see a lot of unhappy campers getting colors that are not right for them. If I get this item, I am hoping for a color correcting shade. A green one would be great to mix with my current foundation to better cancel out the redness I have in my cheeks, chin and around my nose. A lavender one would also be great because those are suppose to brighten your complexion, which is always a good thing.

I'm getting really excited for this month's Ipsy!!

Sneak Peek #3:

I spy 5 products in this photo!

The blue bottle on its side looks like a travel size Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner. I would like to to use on Lily's hair. She always gets a big rat right on the back of her head, so maybe this would help detangle that.

There is a brush on its side that could be from Coastal Scents. The exact type of brush is hard to tell, but it's narrow and pointed, so I'm guessing it's a foundation or concealer brush.

The white tub looks like Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask. I deep condition my hair about once a week and I'm down to the last drops of my previous deep conditioner, so I could really use that.

 The light blue tube is definitely a deluxe sample of Benefit Porefessional. I have a deluxe sample of that right now and I love the way it smells! The texture is great; it's got a silicone feel to it when you're putting it on, but it dries to a nice powdery finish. It's good stuff! A little bit goes a long way... I've had my sample for over three months and it's about half gone.

The last item, the oil-spray, is a mystery. It could be a hair oil, or a perfume. I have no idea at this point.


Sneak Peek #4:

Everyone will get two items from the above photo. I think I see 11 products in there total, so let's see if we can figure these out.

In the back left, it looks like Willa On the Go Face Towlettes.

In the back right, the bright green package may be  A! Absolutely Make up Cleansing Tissues.

Right in front of the A! tissues looks like Proactive+ Makeup Removing Cloths.

The tube in the front left screams Murad at me ,but it's hard to tell which product exactly.  I'm guessing it's the Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion.

To the right of the Murad, in a jar is: ???

And next to the jar is: ???

And in the tub next to that: ???

Right in front of the Proactive, there is a white tube: Skiin Instant Skin Tightener and Line Filler.

Third from the right in the dark purple container: Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo

Second from the right: Apothederm Firming Serum

All the way on the right: ???



I am loving all the skincare products this month!

Sneak Peak #5:

Here's a glimpse of the bag. I think it'd be a good one to hold my bathroom stuff (face wash, makeup remover, eye cream, moisturizers, etc.).


Interesting in joining Ipsy? I'd love it if you used my referral link: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hh1dhitczm8r4e9 

No comments:

Post a Comment