Friday, January 10, 2014

Mothers

It's been a rough week.

I've pushed myself really hard at home and at work.

I'm feeling really overwhelmed, but a quote from The Family: A Proclamation to the World keeps playing over and over in my head:

"Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children."

That one small sentence means so much to me.

It means that I can leave dishes in the sink all week.

I can neglect laundry.

I can have toys all over the house.

I can have crazy hair.

Heck, I can be unshowered.

All of the above mentioned items I am really good at. :)  But there's one thing missing:


I should stop working when I need to, in order to be able to get the rest needed to be the mom that Lily needs.



My primary responsibility is to take care of Lily. Be there for Lily. Play with Lily. Teach Lily.  Everything else comes second.


This week has been a lot of naps, and not a lot of play. A lot of TV and not a lot of interaction. And I feel terrible.

Here's hoping I do better next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment