Friday, May 16, 2014

Ipsy May Glambag Review

I got a shiny pink envelope in my mailbox today!



For the month of May, Ipsy gave us some "fresh picks" to help us enjoy the spring sunshine and get ready for summertime.



Can you believe summer is just a month away?  Crazy town.





There were so many options this month, and only a few that I didn't really want.  I really feel like the product selections and brands are getting better and better each month.

Also, the bag this month is adorable!  It's a canvas material, rather than the plastic-type stuff they normally use.





The Therapy Session Hair Mask deeply conditions, repairs and strengthens dry and damaged hair. Argan Oil nourishes and revitalizes, while Keravis Protein drastically increases hair’s strength and elasticity. The results are hydrated, soft and manageable hair.
-From Ipsy's site
  • Size: Full size, 60ml
  • Cost: $12
It's no secret that I have bleached hair. Bleached hair needs special care. I love, love, love hair masks!  I love that this one is full size!  I'm currently using the Macadamia hair mask that I got from that awesome beauty swap I did a little while back, so I don't need this one. Also, the smell of this one is more flowery than I prefer.  I know someone who would enjoy this scent though, so, to the gift pile it goes!


Protect and nourish your skin with our clear, lightweight, naturally scented sunscreen. Provides maximum water resistance and full body coverage against harmful UVA/UVB rays.
-From Ipsy's site
  • Size: Deluxe sample, 1oz
  • Estimated value: $2.17
Sunscreen is a necessity.  We have a lot of sunscreen around here, but I'll welcome one that's just for me.


Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo
The Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo are coconut infused mineral eye shadows that are a perfect addition to any makeup collection. Packaged in a beautiful travel ready recyclable container, these exclusive duos are customized just for ipsy! These shades can be found in the Pacifica Mystical and Charmed Palette. Smooth application with gorgeous color pay-off.
-From Ipsy's site
  • Color:"Duo #1"
  • Size: Deluxe sample, .07oz
  • Estimated value: $3.36
I'm starting to think I have too much eyeshadow, so....even though this is beautiful, it is going in my pile of gifts.




Match any look or mood with the craveable colors of the Revlon ColorBurst™ Crayon Collection. From barely there to bright and bold, these moisture-rich balms keep lips soft and smooth in 30 shades and 3 finishes.
-From Ipsy's site
  • Color: Elusive
  • Size: Full size, 2.7g
  • Cost: $6.49
I also think I have too many lip products, but this color is so gorgeous, I just HAD to try it. I love the texture of this balm.  Most of my other matte lip products feel very dry, but this one feels moisturizing.  It also has a good smell, kind of minty. The texture is great, and I can't wait to rock this all season. ☺


Improve the appearance of your skin with this gentle yet effective Microdermabrasion Scrub, only from derma e®. This formula buffs away dull surface cells, diminshes the appearance of wrinkles and acne scars, and absorbs excess skin oils with an exclusive crystal blend including Dead Sea Salt and Volcanic Sand (rich in Silica). Enriched with natural astringents Lime and Lemon Peel plus antioxidants Grapeseed and Vitamin E, this pro-grade treatment retexturizes skin, leaving it soft, smooth and younger-looking.
-From Ipsy's site
  • Size: Deluxe sample, 1oz
  • Estimated value: $14.63
I got a microdermabrasion scrub last month, so I plan to add this to my pile of gifts for other people.  I think it smells great, very citrusy.


Bag Value:
Eva NYC hair mask: $12
Hang 10 sunscreen: $2.17
Pacifica eyeshadow: $3.36
Revlon matte balm: $6.49
Derma E scrub: $14.63

Grand Total: $38.65


Here is my referral link if you're interested in trying Ipsy: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hh1dhitczm8r4e9

No comments:

Post a Comment