Thursday, September 18, 2014

Life

My existence is rather boring and meaningless right now, but, I'm in a writing mood.



I have a mullet.  Pixies do not grow out cute, and not having a reliable hairdresser makes for some super ugly hair days.

I mean, really ugly.



Work has not been as bad as I was expecting.  Either we at Datawise are awesome, or, it's just not as busy as 2012 was.

The fact that I'm not currently nursing a baby probably helps.  2012 nearly killed me.

But here is my view when I get off work:





Do you remember my friend, Jill?

She had a terrible tragedy befall her family a couple weeks ago.  She suddenly lost her dear husband due to an aneurysm.  I still cry for her.  And their babies.  They have two daughters in nursery.

I can't imagine.

This has really made me contemplate life in general, how fragile it is. How you never know when your time is up.

I texted each member of my family that night, telling them I love them.

The funeral was really hard.  It was hard to see Jill.  I didn't even know what to say to her. What would I want someone to say to me?  I wouldn't. I wouldn't want anyone to talk to me.  So, thinking about this, I just hugged her.  That's all I could do.

The Whites are a beautiful, loving, giving family. They have many friends because they are wonderful people.  Jim will be, and is, missed dearly.  Jim is a very kind person. He is very talkative and friendly.  He reminds me of Lance's dad, Jerry.  I bet they could be great friends.

I decided that when someone passes away, I don't want to speak of them in the past tense.  It's not like they don't exist anymore. It's not like they no longer possess the qualities they had in the mortal life.

All this has made me think about my own funeral.  I came to the conclusion that no one would have anything nice to say.

Exhibit A: I don't have many friends. Probably because I'm not a nice person.

I think I'm just unintentionally offensive.

Either way, my funeral will be mighty lonely for Lance. So if you don't like me, at least be there for him.




Lance ran his first 5K this past weekend.



He had fun.  It was so hot outside you couldn't tell the difference between those about to run, and those just finished.



Lily was so sweaty!!



Well, that's all I've got.

3 comments:

  1. Jenjo, you broke my heart when you said nobody would go to your funeral! Don't ever say that again, or I'll beat you up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was depressed when I wrote this. But, I'm still not sure what good I've done in the world.

      Delete
  2. I would like to offer my services to Emilee as backup Jenn-beater-upper.

    ReplyDelete