Friday, September 19, 2014

Hilton Head Island

I have a little story for you.

I do not like my legs.


Well, actually, there are a lot of things I don't like about my body. But my legs are covered up the most.


How often do you see me in shorts?


Exactly.


In 7th grade I wore shorts to school and a boy told me my legs were "big" and "white."


Ugh.

Anyway.



I went to the beach.  And for the first time ever, in my LIFE (or that I can remember as a matured woman), I didn't cover up my bum with shorts.  I wore my swim suit bottom all by itself.


And nothing happened.


I know, crazy right?  Nothing happened!


Just kidding, actually, ocean waves pulled down my swim bottom several times, and lots of people got a full moon.  But I don't really care.  My butt and thighs weren't the ugliest ones on the beach.

But even if they were, it doesn't matter.  I'm SO done with being self conscious.  I'm SO done with worrying about what people think of my body.  I don't care.

Enjoy that full moon, random strangers on the beach!


In fact, here's a plumber's crack for the rest of ya'll.




And here are some more photos, for fun.







This beach though. Gorgeous!  The best beach I have ever been to in my entire life.

That's not saying much, because, well, this is probably the 5th beach I've been to in my life.

First time swimming in the ocean.

It is salty.

It is kind of scary.

Emilee got stung by a jellyfish.  Bad.  I was right next to her. It could have been any one of us.



What I really liked about this place was there there were two rinsing stations.  After you get off the beach, there is a walkway that helps you get the sand off your feet.  Then you come to the first rinsing station.  It's just for your feet.

Then a little ways farther, there are taller showers for your whole body.  They do a really good job of keeping the sand away, so you can actually be sand free by the time you get to your car.  It's magic!


We had a lot of fun.  I can't wait to go back.  Definitely worth a 6 hour drive.

2 comments: