Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Holiday Season

I would consider myself a homebody.

I like the idea of going out and doing things, but at the same time I hate thinking about being away from home.

I think I'm just lazy.

I don't want to stay home because it's messy here, and I don't feel like cleaning. But I also don't want to leave because I want to be at home.

Maybe I am bipolar.

Who cares.


We got out and did some fun stuff as a family.

First, I got a random burst of creativity and decided to make an ornament wreath.




I am very proud of it.

I used a Styrofoam wreath and hot glued cheap shatterproof ornaments to it. Most of the ornaments are from the dollar store.  Then I added some bells to it, so our door would jingle every time it was opened.

If I could start over I would wrap the Styrofoam wreath with a silver or red shiny ribbon before starting, because you can see some of the green Styrofoam between some of the ornaments.




We went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

Just like Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, it's a special event. You have to buy a special ticket to get into the party, but you do not need separate park admission.

We decided to go to both the Christmas and Halloween parties because Lily is free this year. Next year we will have to pay for her, so we will probably only attend one.

The Christmas party was pretty cool. You get all you can eat cookies and all you can drink hot cocoa. You can also choose apple juice and apple slices if you want to be healthier, but, come on.

The entire park is covered in Christmas lights, and it is truly magical.

They make it snow on Main Street.

The parade is AWESOME!  Probably the best parade ever.  They have toy soldiers that play instruments...  It was magical.

Once again I failed in the picture arena.




The castle was covered in lights to make it look frozen. I didn't get a picture of that.

The fireworks didn't seem like anything special.

That's probably a very "Disney Snob" thing for me to say.  Disney fireworks are always amazing; I just didn't notice a difference between the fireworks during the party and the fireworks on any other night.

I would say that both the Christmas and Halloween parties are really cool. Next year it will be difficult to decide which one to attend.  Do I want Halloween candy coming out my ears? Or cookies and hot cocoa?  Do I want a spooky parade and characters in Halloween costumes, or Christmas music, snow, and characters dressed in holiday attire?  It's a tough call.





Downtown Disney finally opened their food trucks.  I've been waiting for those babies for what seems like forever!  Lance got some really delicious chicken and waffles, and I got a croque monsieur.  Both were superb!



We went to the Snoap in Celebration again this year. It was so much fun! Lily absolutely loved it.  She walked around with her arms in the air saying "snowman!" over and over again.

And yes, we were dressed in typical winter Florida attire, which means t-shirts and shorts.

Go ahead, hate me.








And finally, three random photos from November/December for your viewing pleasure:

Selfie Sunday!

I caught her reading books. I love her.

Florida sunsets will NEVER get old.

No comments:

Post a Comment