Saturday, June 27, 2015

Goal Update - June


Monthly Enrichment night
Once again, I did not go. However, this was not because I didn't want to go, it was because I didn't know about it. It wasn't announced, and I had missed church the Sunday before due to feeling ill.  I found out about it 1 hour after it had started.  Blegh.  July is also going to be tricky, I'm not sure if they'll have it the first week like normal, or change it due to Independence Day.


Cook dinner 3 times a week
Really, really doing bad at this.  I think I've cooked dinner 3 times total this month.  We don't eat out all the time, I've just been preparing convenience foods which I don't count as cooking dinner. But hey, as long as my family gets fed, whatevs.

I hold Lily to a higher standard than I hold myself and Lance. She's not allowed to drink soda, and she must have at least one raw fruit or veggie with every single meal.  She drinks mostly water.

If I fed myself the way I feed her, I'd probably be a lot healthier. But, Coke is great.  I do eat fruits and veggies with most of my meals as well, as well as snacks. I love summertime because of all the stuff that's in season!  Lily goes gaga for corn on the cob, so I bought a bunch of that. She also seems to appreciate strawberries, applies, blackberries, and nectarines.  She LOVES tomatoes, and we always have those on hand for her to snack on.

So, no, I have not been cooking dinner, but I promise my child is not eating a load of crap.  I'm just not in the kitchen cooking dinner.

I've made myself a weekly agenda to more organize my schedule, activities I'd like to do, as well as a designated grocery day.  That's the problem, I don't like spur of the moment decisions.  Like, if we run out of milk, I can't be like, "Oh, I'll just go to the store." Why not? I don't know. Because I'm insane, but I deal with it, and so should you.  I need at least a day to mentally prepare myself to leave my house.


52 Week Money Saving Challenge
We didn't put any in during the month of June. But, we didn't take any out (and haven't all year), either. I think we'll have to cut it down to only one set of the 52 week challenge. Previously we had been putting money in as if we were both doing the challenge.  Week 1 we put $2, week 2 we put $4.  But from now on, we'll have to stop doubling, I think.

Monthly date night
Ugh, no.  We really need to make each other more of a priority.  I have issues. I have issues with talking to people, and asking people for help, even if I'm paying them.  My sister, Emilee will be staying with us for a couple of months, so I think Lance and I will be getting a date in July. I mean, it is our anniversary, so we'd better go on a date.  I'm not sure if we even like each other anymore! (Just kidding.)

Weekly crafts with Lily
No..... I need to plan this better.  As stated above I made a weekly agenda, and a day for crafts has been included on it.  I think this will help, so I have a "due date" for my craft to be planned by.

Clean something (in my house) every day
Yes and no. I haven't really deep cleaned every day, but my house is a lot better than it used to be.

Remember friends' and family members' birthdays
I'm so sorry, Jared and Aziz. I still have not mailed your birthday cards.  Plan B: E-gift card. I should switch over. I think getting something in the mail is exciting, but I think getting anything at all is pretty cool too.




Just because I mentioned it twice, here's the weekly schedule I want to start using:

Mon: Grocery day / Craft day (Work)
Tue: Go to the park and/or splash pad (Work)
Wed: Family day! / Disney day
Thu: Picnic / Missionary Correlation meeting (prepare snack) (Work)
Fri: Swimming pool / Feed missionaries
Sat: Dance class / Free day (Work)
Sun: Church / Rest (Work)



No comments:

Post a Comment