Monday, June 29, 2015

Lily's First Movie, Surprise Rain, Indoor Camping, and Friendly Alligators

I suppose you could say we had a busy week last week.


Lily practicing her photography skills

By Lily

We took Lily to a movie!  Lance and I were so excited. We haven't been to a movie together in over a year.  Lily has not been to a movie as a mobile person.  The last time I remember taking her to a movie we saw The Avengers. I believe it was the first one.  Lily was very good throughout it, and she stayed in her car seat for most of it.  Afterwards, we went to change her diaper and noticed that there was poop all the way up to her neck. That was glorious.


This time was similar, but without the poop.  Lily was really good, and she enjoyed the movie!  She was so cute with the popcorn, and candy, and her "yaya" (blanket).

We saw Inside Out. It was amazing!  I cried big fat tears, and Lily was worried about me.

Watching Inside Out


Lance's best friends' mom passed away last Tuesday, so he made a last minute trip to Utah.

I figured, if my best friend's mom passed away, I'd want to be there for her, so I should let Lance do the same.  He left early Thursday morning, and got back Saturday evening, at about 8pm.  Then he went to work.  He skipped church, since being awake for about 29 hours is pretty dang difficult!


On Thursday, Lily and I were going to go to the park.  I got our drinks and treats loaded up in a cooler, jumped in the car, and BOOM. Flash flood.  It wasn't really a flood, it was just a normal rainstorm, but it was too heavy to safely drive.  You couldn't really see anything, even with wipers on high.  So, we parked the car and hung out until the storm lightened up.  I was hoping we'd see some cool lightning, but we did not.



The next day, Friday, we went to the park for real!  Then a nice lady walked by, and commented on how hot it was.  It was really hot, upper 90s. Pretty high humidity.  Lily was the only one at the park, and the lady said, "Did you know there is a splash pad on the other side?"

Whaaaat?  I had no idea!  I knew there was another playground, but it was for older kids. But apparently there is also a really good splash pad.  So we went over to check it out.

Lily loved it!  And I could watch her from the shade.  Definitely going back!



Lily loved that alligator. There were lots of other things to play on, but this was her favorite, I guess! Afterwards, I needed to stop at the store really quick, but Lily was asleep in the back seat before I got there.


I woke her up, and loaded her into a shopping cart with her blanket.  I got some really strange stares, but it was fine.  She was tired! And I wasn't about to leave her in the car.

We purchased items to make s'mores.

Lily had her nap, and afterwards, we made a fort and the s'mores and watched a movie.




It was really fun.  We watched Alice in Wonderland.  The s'mores turned out really good!  I actually think they tasted better without the "campfire" taste.

I put marshmallows on graham crackers and put those in the oven until they were golden.  Then I took them out, placed a piece of chocolate on each one, and topped it with another graham cracker.  Then we let them cool while we ate dinner and built our fort.

The chocolate was gooey when we ate them, and I think they tasted better the next day, after the chocolate had time to set up.  I kept them in a Ziplock bag so they wouldn't get stale.



On Saturday, Lily had another dance class.







I'm not sure if she likes dance class or not.  She goes just fine, but in the middle of the week if I ask her if she wants to go to dance she says she doesn't.

I'm thinking about trying out the Tumblebears class, which is a gymnastics class. I think she might like that one better than this one, Creative Dance, which is more like ballet. I'll definitely try it out before signing her up for the full school year.

I think it's good for her, but if she doesn't like it I'm not going to make her stay.



This week, Emilee is coming late Tuesday night! It's going to be a partay!



No comments:

Post a Comment