Sunday, June 14, 2015

Past Couple Weeks

I have not felt very well over the past week.  Tomorrow I am determined to leave this house with Lily and do something fun. Just the two of us.


But here are some things we have been up to.

Top knot inspired by Auntie Em.





We were almost completely out of soap in our house, so Lily and I made a quick trip over to The Loop, which is an outdoor shopping center/mall area near us. It's quite nice over there.  We visited Bath and Body Works. We didn't have anywhere to be, so Lily and I took our time smelling all the things.

I let Lily pick the soap for her bathroom. And of course she chose one with a picture of cupcakes on it.



Afterwards, we went next door to Menchie's for some frozen yogurt.  We just got one cup, and I let her pick everything that went inside.  She did a pretty good job!




Wednesday is our "family outing" day. You could probably relate it to most people's Saturdays.  Lance and I both have that day off, and we try to get out do something fun.  Last week, we had a visitor in our ward who was having a rough time.  She was a grown woman, traveling by herself for work. She asked for a blessing, so Lance and the missionaries obliged.  Then Lance told her we could hang out during the week.  So, we took her to Downtown Disney on our family day.  It was pretty fun.  She was a really nice person.

Doing something like this is really difficult for both Lance and I.  We don't just ask random people to hang out. But, maybe we should. It was pretty great.

I only got one picture that day though.  Lily, in her favorite place.

In the kids' room at the Lego Store at Downtown Disney

The following Wednesday, just this past one, we went to Magic Kingdom at night. We hadn't watched fireworks in months, maybe even a year?  So we wanted to do that.



We watched from the train station. It was a pretty great viewing area. Anywhere away from the pushing and shoving of people is nice.

But since it had rained a lot that day, the park wasn't very busy or crowded.


We also rode a few rides, and we decided to have Lily meet Ariel and Belle.  I didn't get a picture of either. Whoops!  But meeting Belle was really cool. It's called Enchanted Tales With Belle. I thought Belle would be reading us a story, but actually anyone who would like to, acts out a story and performs it for Belle.

Lily was Chip, and it was adorable!

I don't have very many photos because I was taking video.  I did get a couple things.


Lumiere moves and talks.


Here's where she meets Prince Charming, but she won't discover that it's him 'til chapter three.



We have the missionaries over every Thursday for correlation meeting.  I'm usually working, but I try to feed two of them (there are six in our ward), and provide some kind of treat for all six of them for the meeting.

The missionaries are just so darling!



Because I work Thursday, I think it would be better if we started feeding them on Fridays instead though.  Then I don't have to feel rude stepping out in the middle of dinner.


Hanging out with my buddy



So, I think anyone who has lived in the south can agree with me when I say that you don't know what rain is until you've lived in the south.

Our first lesson on real rain was in North Carolina.  I like to call it, "Don't ever, under any circumstance, leave your windows down while you are not near your car."

We still have stains on our seats from this mistake.


A 100% sunny, hot, day can turn into a flood at the drop of a hat.


The pictures below are from a similar day.


We went to dinner and the sun was shining.  After dinner, it was pouring. Bad.  We ran to our car, and were outside for maybe 10 seconds.  Soaked.  Seriously soaked.  I think it's so funny. And Lily was laughing so much as we ran to the car.  She thought it was the best thing ever!  And now she asks me if she can go outside every time it is raining.

Seriously considering getting her a pair of rain boots, a rain coat, and a little umbrella and telling her to have at it!

She loves to jump in puddles.

We are soaked!




Yesterday was Lily's first ever dance class.  I was really excited, but also nervous.

I wasn't allowed in the classroom, but there was a window we could watch from.


Before class started, she made a few friends while they played with the vending machine.


Lily is in the top left, biting her thumb.

Lily is at the bottom.

At the top left, biting her thumb again.

I'm starting to wonder if the thumb thing is a nervous habit.


From what I observed of the class, Lily was the one who needed the most "correction."  The teacher had to remind her to be quiet several times, and had to remind her to go back to her spot.

There is a giant mirror in there, and Lily kept watching herself and making faces, and walking toward the mirror.

She also wanted to show the teacher the flower on her skirt.

Lily also had to pee in the middle of class, and the teacher had to remind me to take her before.  I'll try next week, but I can't make any promises.  She doesn't pee on command...


Because her class was so large (12 kids!), they decided to split it into two classes, so I moved Lily to the 10:00 class, instead of the 9:15am class.

We'll see how next week goes.  I'm sure she'll get better once she knows the routine and understands what is expected of her.


No comments:

Post a Comment