Friday, September 4, 2015

End of Summer!

Ok, so, it's been a little while since I've posted. We had a busy summer.

I've gotten totally behind on birthday cards. I still haven't sent out the ones from June!  I'm sorry.  Consider it a random surprise when something shows up in the mail, OK? Great, thanks.


Soo... back to August.  We went on a little road trip with the family.


And I mean, the entire family...



I love taking the dogs on road trips.  We took a trip down to Tampa. Dogs are free at La Quinta, so that's where we stayed. Originally we weren't going to stay the night, but it ended up being a good price, and it was easier on all of us.

Ok, except for maybe Lily when Layla tried to snuggle but ended up scratching her...


We spent a few hours at the beach! I love those sandy butt cheeks.


Lance went to a Braves game.  (...We ALL know this is the real reason we went to Tampa...) Lance loves his Braves! He was the only one who went, and he got a really good seat!!


Emilee, Lily, and I stayed back at the hotel. We watched America's Next Top Model and snuggled, and ate candy.

Side note: I've never been in to ANTM. Tyra drives me nuts. *whiny voice trying to sound sexy* "Do you wanna be on top?!"  Um, no. No I don't. And how would you know what it takes? You're not on top yourself!

However! It was very interesting. There is something fascinating about watching senseless drama unfold on television. I swear they PAY people to freak out over NOTHING.  "Hey guys... the more drama you create, the bigger your checks will be! Play it up!"

Tangent over.

Tampa was fun.


We went to Ulta to play with makeup, and while I was helping Emilee with something, this little STINKER grabbed a tester, opened it, and applied it to herself.  Her application skills need a little finesse, but, I'd say she did a pretty good job. She has excellent color taste!


I went to sushi with a friend. Check out how awesome this Dragon roll is!!  (It was delicious too.)



We took Emilee to EPCOT. EPCOT is my favorite park.  In Mexico, we found these blankets. Straight out of my grandma's basement!  Seriously! I saw this and was immediately transported back to my childhood. I swear my grandparents have this EXACT blanket.


Lily wanted to ride next to Emilee on Spaceship Earth.  They so cute, so cute!


Emilee just HAD to go home and go back to school. So now we're back to normal, sad, lonely, life.



In other news, I tried a sample of Jamberry. Became obsessed when it completely outdo my expensive nail polish.


Ordered all the things.


Lily picked out her own wraps. She wanted the sharks!  After we ordered them, she asked every single day, "Are my sharks in the mail box?!"  Seeing her be so excited was so cute.  She sat very nicely for me while I applied them (which didn't take very long).

Side note: They're still on today (it's been 8 days), except for her thumbs. One thumb she sucks, so that one came off after 2 days. The other thumb I think she peeled off.

And that's all the photos I have!  I've been slacking.  I mean, three of the photos posted aren't even mine. I stole them from Emilee!


So yeah, busy summer.  I'm SUPER excited for fall! It's my favorite around here. EPCOT's Food and Wine festival is coming up! They open up a ton of extra food booths and you can basically eat your way around the world.  My friend Betty is coming down to visit and we are TOTALLY going to ride that train.  I'm super excited!

I hope you all had a nice summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment