Friday, August 11, 2006

You'd Think That Speaking Your Mind Would Get You Somewhere In Life

MySpace.com Blogs - JenJo MySpace Blog

Shared via AddThis

My job has been really crazy lately.  They just "layed off" 3 girls.  After this happened I was thinking "Hey maybe I'll get more hours."  A week went by, and I heard nothing... 
Tuesday, August 8, 2006 - I marched up to Ariela's desk and asked her for more hours.  She told me she couldn't do that right now.  I kindly pointed out that we had 3 less employess.  Ariela said that because the sales reps aren't making as many sales that they needed to cut back on employees' and hours.  I asked her what was going to be happening after the Summer.  Ariela said she didn't know.  I then gave Ariela a firm look and said, "Ariela, I need to know with at least 3 weeks notice if they are going to lay me off or not because I need to be able to make my car payments!"  Ariela said, "I understand, and I will get back to you."
Get back to me?  What is that supposed to mean?
Yesterday, Ariela told me that they are going to lay me off in about 2 weeks.  A little over 2 weeks, actually.  When she said that, I was ready to walk out right there.  I would have, but I need the money.  I'm more angry than anything else.  What kind of company hires a bunch of people for the summer and then lays them off in the fall without mentioning that it was a "temporary" position.
It's ok though.  I'm really only bitter because I love the sales reps.  They make my job so much fun.  I already found another job that I'm 90% sure I'll get.  It's up in Sandy, doing data entry, much like what I do at DishOne.  But...this new job will pay me $11 an hour, rather than $7.50 like the cheapos I work for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment