Saturday, March 6, 2010

Help, please?

My job isn't supposed to get busy until August, but it's crazy busy now.  I've barely had time (or had no time at all) for lunch, I've stayed late every single day for the past two weeks, and now I am burnt out.  I honestly feel like I can't go on any longer.  My job isn't physically exhausting, it's mentally exhausting.  Personally, I think mental exhaustion is harder to push through than physical exhaustion.  Physical exhaustion you can just take a bubble bath, go to bed, sleep like a rock and be good to go the next day.  Mental exhaustion gives me crazy dreams about work and anxiety about the next day.  There is no break for my brain! I hope it slows down... at least for a little bit so I can train some newbys.  Then it will be OK.

Due to this mental exhaustion (and our heater giving us fits) I have only worked out three days this week.  It's my recovery week, so I don't feel too bad, but I do feel like when this upcoming week of workouts start I'll be back where I was at the beginning of the program.

I'm supposed to start a new schedule at work...maybe go in an hour earlier, I'm not sure what it will be yet.   This worries me because I'm already getting up at 6 so going to work earlier means I'll have to get up at 5.... all this and daylight savings is in a week, so 5am will really be 4am.

That's all that's going on right now.  Just stress and anxiety, anxiety and stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment