Wednesday, March 10, 2010

REAL (Long) Update

Here's a real update about what's going on in our lives right now... brace yourselves!

The temp place that Lance was working said that it wasn't working out and they let him go last night.  They said he stood around with his hands in his pockets, sat at the computer for extended amounts of time, and never did his work.

BS!!!  Lance NEVER has his hands in his pockets, he always came home with sore, tired feet from standing all day, and he was always complaining about when he'd try to get something done, nobody would help him, nobody would let him do what he was supposed to do.  He'd try to get something done and someone else would tell him not to do that, and to do something else.  It's like they set him up to fail.  I honestly and truly believe he did everything in his power to do the best job he could there, and they are just so unorganized, unprepared, and unprofessional that they had to make up some excuse to let him go.

I mean, freak, a week after they got Lance they hired another guy on full time.  What's that saying?  "Oh, we can't hire you on right now, but we'll hire this other guy cuz he's my friend.  And we'll show him the breakroom, and help him learn stuff, but you are on your own suka!"

UGH!  I'm frustrated for Lance, but I'm happy about him not working there.  It wasn't right.  He wasn't happy.  When he's not happy, I'm not happy.



So the job search continues...

My professional life seems to be the opposite.  I posted earlier about my promotion, which was finalized today.  All I can do is smile about it.  I have nothing negative to say.  Seriously, best opportunity of my life, so far.  :)  I am so happy to work for this company.  Yes, sometimes I get overwhelmed and over worked, but they really do make up for it.

Dude, my boss, Donni, had me help her with some coding/re-coding on a big, ugly project yesterday.  It was a slow day so I took my time and made the coding real high quality.  Well today, out of the blue, she hands me a card and some DP to say thank you for what I did!!  I have the best bosses, ever!  The day before this, a mystery person put a card on my desk, with a drink that I've been enjoying lately called Sobe LifeWater... Yumberry Pomegranate flavor is the best!  The card just said that they were thinking about me and that I'm awesome.  How nice is that?  It really made me feel good.

My workouts are going great.  They're crazy hard, and I've been sore all week.  But, I managed to talk Lance into rubbing my back for me yesterday, and that helped out a lot.  I can REALLY feel my body start to tighten and get toned.  We'll see if the scale and/or tape measurements reflect the same.


I've started having a wonderful breakfast...  1 Nestle Carnation breakfast drink packet (chocolate flavor), 1 cup of 1% milk, and 1/2 cup of greek yogurt, honey flavor.  It's super delicious, and it keeps me full until lunch time!  I'm sure I'll get sick of this soon, so I might switch to making smoothies next week.

2 comments:

  1. awww, that sucks about Lance's job, I hate corporate BS like that! But that is awesome that you've been with the same company for so long now, and that you like it! Yea!!! So what if Lance did get a job out of town, what would you do about your job?
    Keep up the workouts!!! You have to post before and after pics at some point! Before pics are VERY motivational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Lance's job, but also so glad you're feeling better.

    Also...we're totally coworkers now, so your job just got that much better! We'll never see each other...but we're coworkers! :)

    ReplyDelete