Monday, August 16, 2010

Hero

Looking through my "drafts" lately... and here's one I never posted.  Too bad Kyle doesn't play for the Jazz anymore.  Yeah, I'm not over it.  I don't think I'll ever be over it.  When we play the Bulls... I just might root for the Bulls.  *gasp!*

I never really thought I had a hero until recently.  Your hero might be your parent, your spouse, a sibling, maybe even a teacher.

My hero is Kyle Korver.  No, not because he's gorgeous, rich, famous, talented, etc. etc.  It's because he's so giving.

When you hear about NBA players, you usually hear about them cheating on their wife, or having multiple children with multiple baby mommas, or getting DUIs, or punching fans in the face (that one is rare... but yeah it's happened!), going to jail, doing drugs, the list goes on and on.

I know Kyle Korver isn't the only athlete who keeps his name clean, and yeah, maybe I only notice him because he's so attractive.  Or, maybe it's because he's on the Jazz.  Yeah, that's it.  But he has so many charities, I don't know how he keeps them straight.

Every year he does a coat drive in November where he asks his fans to bring in coats for the needy and he'll give you two autographs.  He donates tickets to people who wouldn't normally afford to go to the games.  He has the Kyle Korver Foundation that helps kids that are on the streets in Philadelphia (Philadelphia because that's where he was when he started his NBA career).  He recently started a clothing line where 100% of the profits go to helping people in need.  His projects as of late have been repairing people's roofs as well as building ramps for people in wheelchairs.  Those shirts are hott, too! (Yep, I have one!)

You can think I'm shallow if you want, I don't mind.  I'll always admire Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment