Friday, May 13, 2011

Coupon Craze!

That's right folks, Lance and I have joined the coupon craze.  I will never again pay for stuff I can get for free.

We planned our first "couponing" trip for about a week before we actually went, but really it only took about 2 hours.

To be honest, I felt really nervous, like we were doing something illegal.  It's not every day you walk out of the store without paying for something.  Good thing we did it without breaking any laws.

Here's how we did:

We went to ONE STORE, and using our coupons and this particular store's (Walmart) price match option we got....
6 boxes of Cheerios, each a different flavor.
3 boxes of O.B. tampons.
3 packages of Stayfree Maxi Pads.
2 Gillette Fusion ProGlide razors (these babies are worth $10 a piece!).
3 packages Carefree Liners (absolutely free).
2 bags Tidy Cats Litter.

We paid $18.16.

Next time I'll do better math on the retail value of what we buy, because every time I do the math it comes out differently.  Regardless, it comes out to above a $60 value each time.  So I'm incredibly pleased with how we did our first time out.

I can't wait for next week's deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment