Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Vacation Day 5: Rest!

Yes this day we rested, and it was wonderful.  We had nothing planned but to be extremely lazy.

DisneyWorld is a lot of walking.  I mean a lot!

We slept in until about 11, then we got up and got ready for a day of nothing.  We walked over to a restaurant that was near our hotel and ate some lunch.  I had fish and chips.  I'm not a big fan of fish, in fact I can honestly say it's nasty.  But, when you're in a state that is almost completely surrounded by water, you've got to try it.  Fish tastes so much better!  No "fishy" taste at all.  I'm sure the sushi is great too.  I do like sushi here in Utah, so I'm sure it's a million times better there.

After lunch we went back to the hotel and watched some TV.  Lance wanted to play basketball.  He's crazy.  It was about 90 degrees out and quite humid.  We walked over to the basketball court that was near our hotel and there was a group of scary looking dudes playing.

Ok, so all strange men are "scary looking dudes" to me.  But Lance seemed fine.  So I went back to the hotel while he played basketball with these people.

After I got back to the hotel, I took a nap.  Lance came back about an hour or two later, covered in sweat, I mean soaking.  It was gross.  I have never seen him that sweaty before.

Then we watched more TV, including the news and weather.  There were a lot of tornadoes in the surrounding states, so I checked on them each day, hoping they wouldn't come south to Florida.  Thankfully, they didn't.

For dinner we went to this lovely-looking Italian restaurant.  The looks of it were better than the taste of the food though.  I'd give it a 3 on a 10-scale. Over priced and not very delicious.

Then we watched more TV.

Basically the plan was to stay off our feet as much as possible.  At this point we probably had walked 30-40 miles in four days, so our feet very much needed a rest, as well as our bodies!

It was a good relaxing day.

Oh!  We looked into going to an Orlando Magic playoffs game, but the taxi ride there would have been $50 each way.  Plus $100+ for tickets.  We didn't like the sound of that.  So we didn't go.

No comments:

Post a Comment