Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Right Way

...four days later and I am now in Mosiah.  I'm pretty pleased with how I'm sticking to reading scriptures every day, and how much I read each day.

I moved out of my parents house last night.  It sounds funny but I had a closet there that was still full of my stuff.  I threw most of it away, but I took some of it.

My parents are selling and giving away everything in their house.  That really depresses me.  They have a lot of nice stuff.  It seems like such a waste!  Maybe it was a waste to purchase the items in the first place.  Basically, they are all going to be out of the house and on the road in 12 days.  Mon petit frer gets home in 8 days.  That means he has 4 days with his family until they're outta here.  It's all happening so fast.  I wish I were going with them.  I love the east coast.  I love the south.  I love the southeast coast.  I want to have a southern accent.  I want chicken and waffles and grits.  Mostly I want my family.

Lance and I are planning to have Thanksgiving in North Carolina (or New Jersey, depending on where my family will be) and Christmas in Utah.  I'm super excited because they'll be having Thanksgiving with Leslie and Al and Kyala and Analise and Daniel!  Leslie is my dad's sister.  She used to live in Arizona and we had Thanksgiving with her every year, but now she lives in New Jersey along with the other people I mentioned.  It will be awesome.

Jared might move in with Lance and me.  That will be fun.  It will probably motivate us to keep our house cleaner.

Life has many twists and turns, ups and downs.  But as long as you follow Christ, you'll know you're going the right way.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jenn. I love you. Thanksgiving is going to be a blaaaast.
    & I am glad that even though most of us are leaving to NC, Jared will still get to be with you. You're probably his favorite. (:
    Also. How the heck did you get through Jacob 5? It's killing me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob 5 is all about the world. The vineyard is the people and or/churches in the world. The good fruit represents the people who follow Christ, the bad fruit are the corrupt people, or people who do not follow Christ. If you think about it, the world started with only people who lived and believed what Christ would teach, even though he had not come yet. And slowly but surely the world got more and more evil. Christ wants every tree to have good, or natural fruit so he works hard to get it that way. In the end, the entire vineyard is burned, representing the end of the world.

    The footnotes help a lot!

    ReplyDelete