Monday, August 29, 2011

Bittersweet

That's the one word that can describe my weekend.

Layla needed to get some shots, so we made plans to go up to the Humane Society with her and Bentley.  After thinking about it, I thought maybe we should take our cat, Abby, up there as well to get her shots.  Abby hasn't had shots since before she was my cat.  So um... 9 years?  Yeah, she's kind of the neglected child.  My thinking was that we should get her shots done, get her groomed and then list her for free on KSL.

Yes, we are done with our cat.  She doesn't like us, which causes us to not like her.

Lance did some research and decided he would rather leave her at the Humane Society for them to find her some new parents.  That was cheaper.  It was a sadder option, since we have no idea what will happen to her, but I think we did the right thing.  I hope she will get someone who doesn't have dogs and someone who doesn't care if her hair is all over their house, or if she pees on the carpet, or if she won't let you pet her, or if the only time you see her is when she's out of food and she's pretending to like you so she can get more.

I'm sad she's gone, but not because we don't have her anymore.  I'm sad because I hope she's OK.  I hope they don't put her down.  I feel guilty.  Lance says there is a 95% adoption rate on cats, so that makes me feel a little better.

I did have a dream last night that my family was giving up Jessica for adoption.  I woke up confused and sad and wondered why Jessica?  Why anyone?  Then I figured it was probably my worries about Abby making me dream weird things.

Later on Saturday, we went to the Melting Pot with Katie and Eric to celebrate Katie's birthday.  This was my second time going.  My first time my company picked all the options, which were delicious, but it was nice to get to choose our own this time.

Way too much food.

We did a four course dinner.  So Eric and Katie chose a cheese for dipping, and we chose a cheese for dipping.  We thought that would be cool since we could try more cheeses that way.  Which, it was cool, however, I was full by the end of it.  I ate my salad afterwards anyway, thinking it would be nice and refreshing, which it was.  Then we had a break while they got our broth for our meat course ready.

The meats were good, but really, dessert is where the party is at.  Again we got two different chocolate sauces.  We tried the Yin and Yang and the S'mores.  Both were delicious.  I have to say I liked the Yin and Yang the best.  It comes out looking like this:


Pretty cool!  The S'mores they light on fire (using Bacardi 51, I asked...).  And that's cool too!  It was a delicious dinner.  Too expensive to say I'll be back soon.  However, I will be back.

Sunday we celebrated Lance's sister Nicole's birthday.  We went to Adventure and Learning park by Lone Peak high school and spent the afternoon there with Lance's family.  It was nice, except for the bees.  And the heat. And we ran out of non-caffeinated drinks, so I was dang thirsty!  But it was still nice.  It was nice not thinking, "I should visit my parents since we're so close."  But then it was sad, because I wanted to visit my parents and I couldn't.

Bittersweet all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment