Thursday, May 31, 2012

How to Have Everything You Need on an Outing

Thank you, moms who replied to my tantrum the other day.  I felt like a failure for not being able to exercise uninterrupted for 30 minutes.  I'm happy to hear that it's normal and that I'm not a failure.

Yesterday I knixed the workout and went to a petting zoo at Thanksgiving Point with my friend Sierra, her aunt Sheri and some adorable kids.  It was a good time!  I got a lot of walking in, and I am so burnt that I'm as red as a freshly boiled lobster. Lily was safely shaded in her car seat/stroller combo set up she had going on.  We had a picnic lunch on a table under a tree.  I had a 6 inch ham and pepperjack sandwich on wheat bread, with lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, mayo and mustard. It was from Subway. I also had some Goldfish Grahams and water.  It was a wonderful lunch.

Lily had milk.

Sheri was taking care of her sister's kids.  She has four kids all 4 and younger.  Two of them are twins.  The twins got really upset right when we got there.  We all tried to figure out what was wrong.  Sheri was nervous because she said the twins never cry.  I suggested that maybe they got sunscreen in their eyes.  So Sheri was going to go to the bathroom to rinse off their faces.  I handed her some amazing Johnson & Johnson hand and face wipes.

I LOVE these wipes.  It's the easiest way to clean Lily's hands and face every day without giving her a full on bath, or using a rag, soap and water.

Well, the wipes didn't work, and the twins were still upset.  Sheri tried giving them bottles, but that didn't really work either.

Turns out they wanted some real food.  Sheri was giving them bits of her sandwich, and I got into my diaper bag and handed her a small bag of froot loops.  She laughed and said, "At least one of us came prepared to handle children!"  I just told her that they were actually for me, in case my sandwich wasn't enough food, but that I had plenty and I was happy to share.  Then I told her I wasn't really prepared because I forgot to bring diapers.  Sheri laughed and said she had brought diapers so we were all OK!

We came to the conclusion that moms hang out with other moms because that's the only way you'll have everything you need.  You never know when an issue may come up that you did not expect.

It's also good for when you leave in a hurry and forget half of your stuff.

In other news, my solution for exercise today is to turn on a butt lift DVD while having Lily tied to me in the Moby Wrap.

I'll let you know if it works.

1 comment: