Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My It Works! Journey - Day 1


I broke down and purchased the Berry Flavor Greens from It Works Global.

What is it?

Greens™ (Berry Flavor)
Not eating all of the fruits and veggies that you should? Feeling sluggish and off balance? Want more energy to get through your day? Help detoxify, alkalize and energize your body with every glass of Greens, now with an even better pH-balancing blend that includes an acidity-fighting combination of magnesium and potassium for even more alkalizing properties.  The added probiotic support helps you better maintain that healthy balance by keeping your digestive system regular and toxins flowing out.
With 8+ servings of fruits and vegetables and a blend of 38 herbs and nutrient-rich superfoods, Greens provides naturally occurring, bioavailable vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, phytonutrients, and enzymes to give your already well-balanced diet a nutritional boost. 
It’s maximum support for your best health, all in a new delicious berry flavor.

  • Detoxify, alkalize, and promote pH balance within the body
  • Acidity-fighting magnesium and potassium blend
  • Cutting-edge probiotic support for digestive health
  • 38 herbs and nutrient-rich superfoods
  • 8+ servings of fruits and vegetables in every scoop
  • Free radical-fighting antioxidants
  • Great-tasting berry flavor
    (From myitworks.com)
I've been thinking about purchasing some Greens for a few months now, and I finally gave in.  I decided that I'm tired of being tired, and I need to do something to motivate myself to live healthier.  This is a start.

I tried it for the first time today. I added only 1 scoop to 8 oz of water instead of the 2 scoops they recommend, because I didn't read the directions.  The taste surprised me.  I was sort of expecting a watery, grass-tasting beverage that would make me run to the bathroom immediately.

I don't know why I thought this.  I mean, would a product like that sell well?

*cough* green tea *cough*

(I'm not sure if green tea makes you run to the bathroom.)

Anyway, this did not taste bad at all.  It was similar to how Crystal Light tastes with a nice refreshing flavor to it. It was quite flavorful even with only 1 scoop and I imagine that using 2 scoops would taste even better. However, I think I will take this twice daily, one scoop each time, rather than once daily using 2 scoops. Because then at least I know I'll get 16 oz of water, which is 8-16 oz more than I currently drink (see below).

I didn't run to the bathroom until 4 hours later, after drinking 32 oz of water, and at that time I only went #1. So don't let the statements "detoxify" or "keep your system regular" scare you away from trying this. ☺



Here are some of my current issues and things I'm hoping to improve:


  • Weight: 145lbs (ish)
  • Goal weight: 125lbs (ish)

  • Exercise frequency: Rarely/never - I take walks here and there, but hopefully when I have my own space and I can use the TV whenever I want this will change)
  • Goal exercise frequency: 5-6 times per week

  • Energy level: Low - I am always, always tired. 7 hours of sleep? I'm tired. 12 hours of sleep? I'm tired.
  • Goal energy level: Obviously I want more energy, right? I'm a mom and I work at night, so I'm not ever going to have perfect energy levels, however, if I can sleep for 6-7 hours and not want to kill for a nap I'll consider myself successful.

  • Water consumption: 0-8 oz per day
  • Goal water consumption: 64 oz per day - This is the bare minimum! In reality, I should be drinking 72 oz of water each day, but I'm trying to be realistic.

  • Soda consumption: 20+ oz per day
  • Goal soda consumption: 12 oz per day. I'd like to quit completely, but at the same time I don't want to. So, one can a day for now.
I'll post my progress in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment