Saturday, April 19, 2014

Focus T25 - Week 8 (...and a progress photo...)

Day 51 - Monday | Core Cardio

This week I'm going to try to use a different mindset to get me through the workouts. During Insanity, Shaun would say that the work doesn't start until the pain begins.  Normally, when my workout starts to hurt, I'll try to do a couple more reps then I'll die out and take it easier.  This week, I'm going to try my very hardest to not stop at all, no matter how much it hurts. I should have been doing this all along, I know.

So, Core Cardio today was the hardest it's ever been, mostly because I did the very most I could.  I took a couple of very, very, short breaks. I did none of the modified moves.  I couldn't do all the moves as fast as they do in the videos, such as the burpees, hammer kicks, and whatever else, but I did them with all my effort and strength.  I am extremely exhausted right now, and I had tons of sweat literally dripping down my face and chest by the end.

I feel very accomplished!

Side note: We ran out of bottled water. Our tap water tastes sulfuric. It is the most disgusting water I have ever had in my life.  It makes Coke all the more tempting...

Day 52 - Tuesday | Upper Focus

I almost did the entire thing without stopping.  At one point I yelled out in agony, and Lily looked at me, then made the same sound. It was really cute.  I think it was during some plank work or pushups or something.  Anyway, I stopped and laughed with her for a second, then I went on about the workout.

I'm still using the 5lb dumbbells, and I still think they are too light.

I am so sweaty right now.  I thought it felt like a humidity-sweat rather than a hard work sweat. But according to my phone, humidity is at 47% right now.  I would have guessed at least 70% with how sweaty I am. I guess lifting weights makes me sweaty.  Yum.

My glutes are sore again today!  Core Cardio gets them every time!  I think it's the twisting jumping lunges.

Update: It pretty much monsooned outside today, so it really was humidity-sweat I was feeling earlier.  There was a waterfall coming off my apartment, and a river running down the parking lot.  Rain storms are freaky 'round dees parts.

Day 53 - Wednesday | Speed 2.0

I took a rest, and it was longer than it should have been. I probably took more breaks this time than I have any other time doing this video.  I did really great the first 9 minutes, then I got really tired. Then I got a side ache.  My food choices yesterday were not the greatest.

I've really been slacking when it comes to buying groceries and cooking dinner. I only slightly went over my target calories yesterday, but the types of food I had were terrible. Pizza, jelly beans, Vanilla Coke. Yeah, that's not very good fuel for my body.  I really feel the need to cook and get to the store to buy fresh vegetables, but the only time I can grocery shop is Friday night or Saturday afternoon.  Those times also happen to be the only times I actually get out of the house, except for going to church, and I would rather do fun things Friday night and Saturday afternoon, rather than spend time in a grocery store.  Sue me.  Oh yeah, and laundry has to also fit into those times.

Day 54 - Thursday |  Rip't Circuit

Dead lift to curl squat... owey.

I took a bit of a break during the air plank to one leg burpees.  Those are death.

Lily was running around me in circles, teasing the dogs and giggling.  It was really cute, but I accidentally bonked her on the shoulder with my dumbbells.  When you're trying to use all of your concentration to do something, it's really hard to be mindful of your surroundings.

I apologized to Lily, she forgave me. ♥

Day 55 - Friday | Dynamic Core & Speed 2.0

Dynamic Core is so hard.  Especially with Lily running around, chasing dogs, and trying to get my attention.  Not to mention I've gotten to bed at 4am every single day this week.  I'm tired, sweaty, and grumpy.  I love Speed 2.0 but it's really hard and I'm kind of dreading it right now.  Don't you worry (talking to myself) I'll do it anyway. Just give me a minute...

Ok, I did Speed 2.0 and it is still super hard.  I feel like it's getting harder each time I do it.  It's still motivating though.  It's split into 2 sections; level 1 and level 2. Level 1 has a few moves in it, 5 or 6, and the first time through you do each for a while, then the second time through you do each move half as long ,then the next time through you do it half as long as the second time through.  So each time you do it, it gets shorter.  It's motivating because the first time through it you can tell yourself not to stop.  The second time through you have your favorite moves to look forward to, so you keep pushing. The third time it goes so fast there would be no point in stopping.

Level 2 is the same. Level 2 isn't harder moves, just different moves.  You repeat the sequence three times. Then you put level 1 and 2 together and do that twice.  Then you jog it out and you're done.  It's so fun!  Why won't my body respond and just hit it like I want it to?!


Day 56 - STATurday

I'm down 3.8 lbs from starting! Woo hoo!  I am 9.8 lbs away from pre-prego!  I should have been keeping track of what I've been eating all along....

Alright, and since I'm feeling brave, I'm going to post some progress pictures. I wish I could do a photo collage, but I can't.

Before:

After 8 weeks (technically 9):

I'm sorry the lighting is different, and you can tell that my stomach never sees the sun.

While I haven't lost much weight, my stomach is flatter and firmer.  My arms are thinner. Shirts, pants, and underclothing fit looser. I have more energy, more muscle tone, and I can run for a while without dying.

I also used to have quite the "double butt."   What's a double butt, you ask?


That is a double butt.  While mine didn't start quite as big as the graphic, it's a lot smaller now.  In fact, most people probably wouldn't notice it at all. The underneath part on me is almost completely gone.  I've gotta keep working on my squats and lunges.

I'm pretty proud of myself, but I still have a long way to go.

Day 57 - Sunday | Stretch

I probably won't stretch tomorrow, so I'm posting this a day early!  I'm just excited about my progress this week!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You can really tell the difference! Who cares about the number on the scale when you are looking so great! Maybe I will do something like this after baby comes to keep motivated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! :) You looked awesome after Mabel so I have no doubt you can do it after Charlie. Since T25 has the low impact modification, I want to keep doing it if I happen to get pregnant. We'll see!

      Delete