Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ipsy April Glambag Review

Oh Ipsy, how I love you.

My April Ipsy bag was pretty great. Out of all the products I could have gotten, the ones I got were the ones I liked the best.

I didn't take the time to take pictures and swatches of everything this month, so... yeah.

My Glamroom

The Glamroom shows all the products available and the items that I received. The Glamroom gets updated as soon as the bag ships out, so if I check the glamroom I can see what I will be getting.  Although, if there are multiple color variations it does not tell me what color I get.


  • Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On-Eye Pencil. Travel size. Full size is $20 if you buy it from Urban Decay's site. Estimated value: $6.
  A must for smoky-eye fanatics: an ultra-plush version of UD’s creamy, waterproof 24/7 formula. Create perfectly blended-out or rich, precise lines that are blacker-than-black.
- From Ipsy's site.
 Travel size pencils only come in sets, but this specific one only comes in full size. It's brand spankin' new to Urban Decay's lineup! I've gone back and forth about whether I will be using this, but just yesterday I decided I'll use it.  The current blank liner I use the most is shiny and glittery, but this one is matte, and supposedly really black.  I have several Urban Decay liners and they are long lasting, they glide on smoothly, and they are smudge proof. (Smudge proof, if you don't buy one that's meant for smudging, that is! ;-))


  • Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion. Deluxe sample size. Full size is $78 if you buy it from Dr. Brandt's site. Estimated value: $10

The dr. brandt® microdermabrasion gently sweeps away dead skin cells and softens skin texture, which enables better absorption of skincare products and helps diminish the appearance of fine lines, acne marks, and skin discolorations. A great at home alternative to professional clinical treatments. Safe to use for all skin types. For best results use with dr. brandt® skincare products. 
-From Ipsy's site.

When I first received this sample, my skin was still in its "freak out" mode that I talked about when I posted all my goodies from Lush.  Since then, my skin has improved drastically, and I have used this once.  It exfoliated really, really well. This product also helped get rid of all the blackheads I have on my chin.  I've had issues with that area ever since the 5th grade! So, all in all, I am very impressed with this product. I'll probably use it once a week until it's gone, which won't be very long. It's too expensive for me to purchase the full size, even with the discount offered (20%).


  • Elizabeth Mott Pop! Goes the Shadow in Champagne. Full size. $12.99 if you buy it from Elizabeth Mott's site.
The Elizabeth Mott pop! goes the eyeshadow is the ultimate eyeshadow that's long lasting, easy to apply, and effortlessly blends. Buildable colors will take you from subtle highlights to dramatic smokey eyes. With pop! goes the shadow, eye shadow creasing is a thing of the past. Get ready to try the eye shadow that will change your life! 
-From Ipsy's site.

I love this shadow.  Is it "life changing" as the description states? No. I don't think eyeshadow can be life changing. But it is a gorgeous color, and it's smooth, buttery, and long lasting. That's all I ask in a shadow!  I am a sucker for champagne shades and I don't think it's possible to have too many. They look good on everyone, and they are great for daytime looks, nighttime looks (depending on what you pair with them), brow bone highlight, inner corner highlight, cheekbone highlights, or wherever you want to add a little shimmer.  This is a total win for me!


  • Mary Kay at Play Jelly Lip Gloss in Berry Me. Full size. $10 if you buy it from a Mary Kay Consultant.

Turn up the volume with Mary Kay At Play™ color! It’s flirtatiously fun makeup you can remix-n-match to create your own color playlist. The Mary Kay At Play™ Jelly Lip Gloss has a fun jelly texture that offers brilliant, intense shine with a sheer wash of color. 
-From Ipsy's site.

This was a big fail. Do you like thick, sticky gloss?  If so, then you'll like this.  I do not like thick, sticky gloss. Luckily, I swatched this onto a clean cotton swab, so it's still sanitary enough to give to anyone who wants it.  Maybe a 10 year old, or someone just starting out, who doesn't know a lot about makeup?


  • St. Tropez Gradual Tan for Face. Deluxe sample size. Full size is $35 if you buy it from Ulta. Estimated value: $3.50.

The St. Tropez Gradual Tan Plus Anti-Aging Multi-Action Face hydrates skin for 24 hours without blocking pores and provides a natural bronze glow. Prolongs youthful skin with Matrixyl Synthe 6, which rejuvenates cells and boosts collagen synthesis to firm, plump and visibly lift fine lines and wrinkles. 
-From Ipsy's site.
I will probably use this, just for fun.  You see, I have freckles, and with freckles comes a struggle with matching your foundation shade to your skin.  Do you go light and match your lighter skin? Do you go dark and match your freckles?  Usually I go between the two shades, but I my face still never matches my neck. So, insert a self tanner. The self tanner can be placed wherever needed to even out your skin tone between your face, neck and chest.  I don't usually do this, but, I like the idea of it, so I will be using this product to do just that.


Bag Value:
Urban Decay liner: $6
Dr. Brandt microdemabrasion: $10
Elizabeth Mott eyeshadow: $12.99
Mary Kay gloss: $10
St. Tropez facial tanner: $3.50

Grand Total: $42.49

The value of this bag really surprised me, in a good way!  I found a new eyeliner to try, and an eyeshadow that I love. I'll use everything except that nasty Mary Kay gloss. Even without the gloss, this bag has a great value.  Ipsy is still keeping me happy!

Here is my referral link if you're interested in trying Ipsy: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hh1dhitczm8r4e9

No comments:

Post a Comment