Thursday, April 10, 2014

Potty Training?

Potty training is stupid. I'm pretty sure Lily agrees.




I've been trying to potty train Lily for two weeks now.  It's not going very well.  I don't think Lily is ready. The only reason I started trying was because Lily's new doctor recommended it.

Lily just doesn't like peeing in the potty.  She'll sit on it, and read stories, and sing songs with me but she refuses to pee.  I've gotten her to pee on there a couple of times, but right before she pees she throws a tantrum. She cries, she throws her books, and screams at me and then she stands up when her pee starts to flow. I tell her she's doing great and she needs to sit to pee.  When she's done, I tell her how wonderful she is, and we pick a sticker for her chart, and she gets a big hug, and yadda yadda yadda.  She doesn't give a crap. She hates peeing on the potty.


But it sure is cute seeing her bum in panties!



Lily is really adorable. Last week she started saying "Amen!" at the end of books instead of "the end."  It's so cute!  And it makes me feel like we do a good job of praying together.

Lily loves the movie Frozen.  If I say, "Elsa! Elsa!" Lily goes "Hoo hoo! Dis?!"  She's pretending to be Oaken, when he says, "Yoo hoo! Big summer blowout!"  She'll also sing "Let it go, let it go!" OR she'll just act like she's singing but not make any noise, just mouthing words, and dancing.  She does that in the car a lot.  Her new favorite song is "Mr. Roboto."   I can thank Lance for that.  She pretends to sing the whole time, but she will say "Thank you! Thank you!" during one part of the song.

Her favorite song used to be The Fox, and before that it was Radioactive by Imagine Dragons as well as My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark by Fallout Boy.

Can you tell what songs are of my influence, and what songs are of Lance's influence?

We purchased her some foam letters to play with in the tub. So far her favorite letters are "E" and "O."  I have no idea why.



We were at a restaurant that had an OPEN sign where one letter would light up at a time, and she kept looking at it and saying "O" "E" "O" "E". Oh my goodness, it was so cute!


The other day I was Snapchatting my sisters and I had the filming on, and told Lily to say hi to Emilee, and Lily said, "Hi Eyee."  It was so cute!  Then we did another one where I asked her to say hi to Jessica and she said "Hi Ditah!"  So We've got Eyee and Ditah.  Close enough!

Lily is finally starting to call herself "Lily" instead of "Baby".  Any time we'd ask her what her name was, she'd say "Baby!" but now she says "Lily."  Her Ls are not perfect, so it sounds something like "Yeedee."

Lily is an excellent eater. She'll eat anything, but her favorite things are yogurt, granola bars, cheese sticks, and any kind of pasta.  I made some pasta the other night, I think it was Sundried Tomato Fettuccine or something, and she kept saying "Mmm!"  "Mmm!"  That made me feel really good.

2 comments:

  1. Potty training is so hard! I gave Mabel a jelly bean for peeing in the potty and she loved that. Another thing I did was I had her dolly go potty and had Mabel praise the dolly. Some people swear by just letting them run naked because they don't like the feeling of pee running down their legs. She is getting so big! Also, I need to call you and find out when exactly you are going to be here because Eric is not so great at the details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's growing up and it makes me sad. :( But ohh, that Lily is so cute. I especially love that she says "amen" for stores, and that Oaken is her favorite! Mine too! I knew we were soul twins...

    ReplyDelete